The Holy Prepuce

Old February 10th, 2005, 12:40 AM
TOliver

Default The Holy Prepuce

"Madeleine" wrote in message
I've heard that there are various churches all over Europe that have the
Foreskin of Jesus Christ after he got circumcised.

As a devout Catholic woman I would like to partake of pilgrimage to these
Holy Sites during my upcoming trip to Europe.

Could you please give me some information on these places? Will I be able
to touch the Holy Foreskin? Are photographs permitted?

Thank you and God Bless.

(Groups limited)

While questioning the voracity (see afu) of religious relics is a venture
likely best avoided and hinting that the gullibility of our forebearers may
have exceeded even that of many who brows the web today......

It has been noted that there exist enough purported fragments of the True
Cross to frame, sheath and roof several dozen large tithe barns, and one
suspects that even shriveled with age, the various bits and pieces currently
or once venerated as being bits or the whole of the Blessed Prepuce are
adequate to skin a Boeing 747. At one time, there may have been an adequate
supply to handle the wings and fuselage of a new Airbus 380, but
revolutions, insurgencies, mobs, Calvinists, Puritans and a variety of
disestablishmentarians thinned out the on-hand supply severely in recent
centuries.

TMO

Old February 10th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Keith Anderson

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:40:48 GMT, "TOliver"
wrote:

revolutions, insurgencies, mobs, Calvinists, Puritans and a variety of
disestablishmentarians thinned out the on-hand supply severely in recent
centuries.

The "on-hand" supply? Are you suggesting that Our Lord played with
his....oh, what a shocking proposition.

It sounds, my son, as though you should make the pilgrimage to the
Pulova Mountains and visit our shrine and be cleansed of these
thoughts..

A professionally guided tour by Sister Virgo Hymena Intacta will soon
cure you of your tendency to blasphemy.