Where to stay in Dallas.....

Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
To me To you

Default Where to stay in Dallas.....

Ill be in Dallas for a concert the first week in May, just wondered what
area of Dallas was best to stay in and around ?

Want to see a few of the sights there, will only be there 2 nights and will
have a car.

thanks

Old February 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Feb 3, 8:56 am, "To me To you" wrote:
Ill be in Dallas for a concert the first week in May, just wondered what
area of Dallas was best to stay in and around ?

Want to see a few of the sights there, will only be there 2 nights and will
have a car.

thanks

is the show at the starplex or whatever they are calling it now?
Great outdoor venue, almost the same as other sheds but the sound is
perfect...

I dont remember where we stayed, but it was just east of downtown,
motel 6 maybe?

dallas zoo is a must see if you are into such things. Also check out
daley plaza, go up to the 6th floor museum, try and peer out the
window....note, they wont let you go to the window...

then spend the rest of your time there wondering how people actually
could believe the shots came from that one window......
Old February 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Nile

Want to see a few of the sights there, will only be there 2 nights
and will have a car.

Same situation here a few years ago, I stayed at Irving, a chain motel
off Hwy 183. It's centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth; very
accessible to sites in between the two (Ballpark, e.g.); and close to
the airport.

But note: the traffic on the highways between Dallas and Fort Worth,
and around Dallas, is awful ... still like rush hour at 11 p.m. and
later. Irving was fine, just be prepared for that, or alternatively
take surface roads. But if someone here knows a quiet, interesting,
part of Dallas to hole up in while you're there, and that's not
outrageously expensive, let us in on it for next time.

Old February 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
george

On Feb 3, 2:56*pm, "To me To you" wrote:
Ill be in Dallas for a concert the first week in May, just wondered what
area of Dallas was best to stay in and around ?

Want to see a few of the sights there, will only be there 2 nights and will
have a car.

thanks

I find Fort Worth a much more interesting place, and it's only 30
miles from Dallas.

George
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 4:54*am, george wrote:
On Feb 3, 2:56*pm, "To me To you" wrote:

Ill be in Dallas for a concert the first week in May, just wondered what
area of Dallas was best to stay in and around ?

Want to see a few of the sights there, will only be there 2 nights and will
have a car.

thanks

I find Fort Worth a much more interesting place, and it's only 30
miles from Dallas.

George

I have my own online travel agency (that anyone can have for under
$500). You can book your hotel, rental car etc. It is a home business
for me and all my vacations are a tax write off-Please check my site
at www.liveearthtravel.net click on Book Travel to get to booking
engine--we are powered by Travelocity and rates are great. Hope this
helps--Irene