Orlando vs. Frances

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:14 AM
Roger B.

Default Orlando vs. Frances

It now appears that the hurricane will still be over the Bahamas
Friday night, so we're going to take-a-chance and head for
Orlando tomorrow to catch a 9PM flight to Vegas. Everyone
else in the state will apparently be heading North, while we drive
South.

To avoid leaving our car in its path, we are going to rent a car
one-way between Gainesville and Orlando. It will run us some
bucks, but the risk will be the car rental agency's not ours, and
less expensive than parking the car at the airport garage!

I can't help but think of the song, "Trying to Reason with
Hurricane Season," by Jimmy Buffett....
Well, the wind is blowin' harder now
Fifty knots of there abouts,
There's white caps on the ocean.
And I'm watching for water spouts
It's time to close the shutters
It's time to go inside.
In a week I'll be in gay Paris;
That's a mighty long airplane ride.
[R]

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:16 AM
jcoulter

"Roger B." wrote in news:QONZc.84344$_h.3661
@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

It now appears that the hurricane will still be over the Bahamas
Friday night, so we're going to take-a-chance and head for
Orlando tomorrow to catch a 9PM flight to Vegas. Everyone
else in the state will apparently be heading North, while we drive
South.
The Orlando airport is closing tomorrow I would check before driving off

into the storm. you can reticket for free and may even get them to re route
under the circumstances.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:13 AM
Roger B.

"127.0.0.1" wrote...
people can be incredibly stupid

Raising hand. Yeah, well... Since MCO is closing
at Noon (wimps!), they'll save me the trouble. [R]