Poland to join the EU 2004...

Old October 13th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Andiii

Default Poland to join the EU 2004...

This is bad news. How will this affect costs of holidaying in Poland?
Should I expect dramatic changes in cost? Or a slow transition?

I was wanting to travel December next year... but now, August seems a
cheaper option.

Any information would be great.

Old October 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
tim

"Andiii" wrote in message ...

This is bad news. How will this affect costs of holidaying in Poland?
Should I expect dramatic changes in cost? Or a slow transition?

I was wanting to travel December next year... but now, August seems a
cheaper option.

It just isn't going to change overnight. There are too many financial
strings pulling both ways for this to happen. It will equalise slowly
(like over about 10 years)

Tim

Any information would be great.

Old October 14th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote in message
news5Eib.405$n03.31349@zonnet-reader-1...
"tim" writes:

It just isn't going to change overnight. There are too many financial
strings pulling both ways for this to happen. It will equalise slowly
(like over about 10 years)

...and then we can all travel to Belarus for cheap holidays

If the Belarus officials actually used their brains and addressed their
frustrating visa system, many more folks would be drawn to it. Until then,
why would you bother to go there? Seriously, the inconvenience of getting a
visa makes an enormous difference to the number of visitors a country
receives. What is the point of the visa except for a tit-for-tat exercise?
So they can easily establish that bugger all tourists go there?
---
DFM

Old October 14th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Richard Corbett

--
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) - Melbourne, Australia ( ) | 0x6B91B584

.....not Paul from Backford Hall, Chester (Hawarden)!?

Richard Corbett

---

Old October 14th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Lynn Guinni

Will Poland (and other new EU members) be modifying their visa
requirements to harmonize with Western Europe? Will the borders be open
as they are now between most EU countries?
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Lynn Guinni" wrote in message
Will Poland (and other new EU members) be modifying their visa
requirements to harmonize with Western Europe? Will the borders be open
as they are now between most EU countries?

I guess regulations remain about the same for a few following years. No
doubt most/all new member states will join the Schengen protocol.

Old October 14th, 2003, 07:41 PM
tile

many countries will join Eu next may 2004
but it will take a long time before they will be accepted in the Schengen
area and in the Euro zone.
I guess free movement of persons and goods will
be an advantage for everybody.
polish people dream about salaries of the nearby countries.. ( and so do the
other future citizens)
and they do not know that salaries depend mainly on productivity ( and how
efficient a state is).-
as to productivity. it will be hard for them to reach our standards, as it
will take enormous investments in technology.. and so on.
investments will be rather made where salaries are very low.. at the moment
the far east.
on the other hand, the growing desire of western goods will provoke a rise
in prices and cost of living.
i think tourists will go where they have the best services.. not where they
have the best prices.
In any case, Romania is at the moment the country with very low salaries.
48 hours a week bring 150 dollars per month to the lucky ones that have a
job.

Old October 14th, 2003, 07:44 PM
tile

well
a big difference will be for EU citizens
they will not need a passport to travel to the new member countries..
import and export of goods will be free
on the principle that VAT must be paid only once.
as to Schengen and Euro
I guess it will take another 10 yrs.

Old October 14th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Markku Grönroos

"tile" wrote in message
well
a big difference will be for EU citizens
they will not need a passport to travel to the new member countries..

Not until they are members to Schengen.

on the principle that VAT must be paid only once.

So it goes already today.

Old October 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Sjoerd

"Markku Grönroos" schreef in bericht

"tile" wrote in message
well
a big difference will be for EU citizens
they will not need a passport to travel to the new member countries..

Not until they are members to Schengen.

And even thereafter everybody (including EU citizens) needs a national ID
card or a passport.

Sjoerd