"Australia and New Zealand"

Old November 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
AlmostBob

My favourite story,, American tourist goes into Young & Jackson, cultural
icon and all not just to see Chloe, and asks the barman to "Gimme something
just like American beer" so the barman pours him a glass of water and
charges $10.

But I like Louie the budweiser lizard

--

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
| On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:41:35 GMT, (Geoff Rait) wrote:
|
| In article , John M wrote:
| In article , Dave Proctor
writes

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Old November 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
AlmostBob

Old November 18th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Keith Willshaw

"AlmostBob" wrote in message
My favourite story,, American tourist goes into Young & Jackson, cultural
icon and all not just to see Chloe, and asks the barman to "Gimme
something
just like American beer" so the barman pours him a glass of water and
charges $10.

But I like Louie the budweiser lizard

As poor as it is in quality the Budweiser sold in
the UK is around 5% proof, assuming its a
low alcohol drink would be a mistake.

Keith

Old November 19th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Peter

In article , Keith Willshaw
says...
As poor as it is in quality the Budweiser sold in
the UK is around 5% proof, assuming its a
low alcohol drink would be a mistake.

Low in taste, not in alcohol. A very disappointing drink.
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Craig Welch" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:43:45 -0000, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

As poor as it is in quality the Budweiser sold in
the UK is around 5% proof, assuming its a
low alcohol drink would be a mistake.

It's 5% alcohol, not 5% proof.

True - which makes it around 9% proof

Keith

Old November 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Peter

In article , Keith Willshaw
says...

wrote:

As poor as it is in quality the Budweiser sold in
the UK is around 5% proof, assuming its a
low alcohol drink would be a mistake.

It's 5% alcohol, not 5% proof.

True - which makes it around 9% proof

Proof?

Pete, who very much prefers Steinlager
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Peter" wrote in message
T...
In article , Keith Willshaw
says...

wrote:

As poor as it is in quality the Budweiser sold in
the UK is around 5% proof, assuming its a
low alcohol drink would be a mistake.

It's 5% alcohol, not 5% proof.

True - which makes it around 9% proof

Proof?

The old British method of measuring alcohol content

The London Proof spirit was defined as "a mixture of alcohol
and water which shall weigh exactly 12/13 part of an
equal quantity of distilled water at 51° F."

The US had a similar measure but it defined Proof Spirit
as being 50% alcohol and 50% water

Keith

Old November 20th, 2004, 01:02 AM
AlmostBob

The older method was try to light it, if it burned, it was proof of the
alcohol content, but no way to establish at that time the exact content