Philippines

Old February 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM

Default Philippines

Any recent experience flying over? Am going Boston to Cebu in March.
Prefer Cathay, but as a first time traveller alone, I want advice on
any flights/airports combo that is most simple and easy with good
connections. Thank you.

Old February 16th, 2005, 02:18 AM
William Ruscher

I flew Cathay last April from LA to Hong Kong (Cathay's main hub) to
Manila, and then took the Superferry from Manila to Cebu. I liked Cathay
Pacific and plan on flying with them again , later on this year.
My best advice to you (and myself)....take advantage of the fact that Cathay
flys direct to Cebu from Hong Kong, even though it will cost you more. You
could fly Boston -LA - Hong Kong - Cebu, without handling your luggage until
you arrive in Cebu.
The hassle of Manila each way... airport, luggage, taxi, traffic jams, bad
hotel and 6 hour delay due to a bomb scare at the Superferry Terminal ..was
Not worth it. Once I was finally on the ship, and left Manila, it was much
better. I took the ship to Cebu for the experience, and it certainly was all
of that, but I wouldn't do it again. Mactan Int. airport (departing) was
less of a hassle for me then the pier in Cebu.
Have a happy trip !

Bill

ups.com...

Old February 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
R N

I've been to Cebu many times alone. Usually using NWA and suffering
through its' late evening MNL arrival to wait in MNL airport for morning
flight onward
I can give you lots of advice if you email me

Old February 17th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Joel

EVA from LAX to MNL. I was very impressed with the airline. $714 in December
returned just after Christmas even.

Joel

ups.com...