Aeroflot, and St Petersburg Russia

Old April 9th, 2004, 10:54 PM
elliot

Default Aeroflot, and St Petersburg Russia

Planing oon using Aeroflot toMoscow and St Petersburg. \
Anyone have any problems using Aeroflot?
Any suggestions for hotels in ST Petersburg within walking distance of
nightlife?
We would like to take the train from St Pete back to Moscow....anyone
have experience with this?

Old April 10th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Lennart Petersen

"elliot" skrev i meddelandet
Planing oon using Aeroflot toMoscow and St Petersburg. \
Anyone have any problems using Aeroflot?

A once in a lifetime experience ! As Egyptair and others.
Stayed over night in the Aeroflot hotel,Moscow, and having seen the
drinking habits,plenty of wine and vodka for the next day crews, I was quite
sure to never trust them anymore whether they've improved or not.
Last year Russian airlines, although having a fraction of the traffic,
counted for 50% of the safety remarks on airlines at Stockholm Arlanda
airport in 2003, 20% so serious so they were grounded. Aeroflot not
mentioned but one of the worse was Pulkovo air.
You may also compare on
http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/europe.htm
and http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/fsu.htm
You'll find a number of other reliable airlines flying to St Peter and
Moscow.

Old April 10th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Mark Kelly

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:23:04 GMT, (Charles
Hawtrey) wrote:

(elliot) crawled to the nearest keyboard and
summoned the courage to write:

Planing oon using Aeroflot toMoscow and St Petersburg. \
Anyone have any problems using Aeroflot?

Have never used them and I've heard so many horror stories from
colleagues who have that I don't intend to.

Well I have use them and they were alright. But one thing I notice on
the way back (but no problem since my wife was russian she brought it
back few days later instead.) That cause I was 5KG over weight they
wanted to charge 3% per KG of the full first class ticket rate. But
the Russians, did not have to pay it seems. Also most people on the
plane both there and back were russians. Also my wife who has been on
there if you are going during school holidays you get alot of families
on it. Whereas on British Airways it is mainly business people. If
you are a veggie also Aeroflot is not very good. (from my wife.) The
problem with British airways is it does not fly into the main airport
anymore, if you know UK at all. It fly the UK equiv of Stanstead.
Whereas Aeroflot fly into heathrow. (not in UK but in russia.)

One last thing about safetly, it might be less or more, but one thing
which you can look at, is that it will be in fact "SAFER". Cause
British, Italian, american, Spanish, Australian, Japanese, airlines
are a bigger target for terrorism whereas the Russian one is not cause
of the war in Iraq.
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.
Old April 10th, 2004, 03:05 PM
elliot

Default St Petersburg Russia

Now about St Petersburg, anyone been there, have any advice on hotels?