Help With Carolina Itinerary

Old March 10th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Daniel Barton

Default Help With Carolina Itinerary

J-Man wrote:

Do you have any idea what's going on there the week of 4/25? Although hotel
rates seem reasonable, for some reason rental cars are OUTRAGEOUS! Like
$50/day and up for an ECONOMY car at the weekly rate!!!

I'm not sure. I don't know of any big events during that
time. The only thing I see is Prince is playing at the RBC
Center at 4/23 and Jimmy Buffet on 4/27.

Regards, Daniel

| |
Old March 11th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Rodney Boles

Daniel Barton wrote in message ...
J-Man wrote:

Do you have any idea what's going on there the week of 4/25? Although hotel
rates seem reasonable, for some reason rental cars are OUTRAGEOUS! Like
$50/day and up for an ECONOMY car at the weekly rate!!!

I'm not sure. I don't know of any big events during that
time. The only thing I see is Prince is playing at the RBC
Center at 4/23 and Jimmy Buffet on 4/27.

The spring Furniture Market is in High Point that week. Lots of
visitors fly into RDU and
drive to High Point. Raleigh hotels do a fair business due to it, but
hotels west of here
are completely booked up.

Hadn't heard Prince was coming. Might have to check that out.
Old March 11th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Daniel Barton

Rodney Boles wrote:

Hadn't heard Prince was coming. Might have to check that out.

We saw him when he came to Raleigh 6 years ago and were very
dissappointed. He played a lot of newer unknown music and
only played medleys of his hits. It was also a fairly
short show with a very plain set and was darn expensive.
It was one of our least favorite concerts we've ever been
to.

I don't know how much tickets will be this time but I
think we'll pass.

Regards, Daniel

| |
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM
tomg

Are you looking in the right place? I saw in Orbitz that both
Enterprise and Thrifty have weekly rates for about one half of what
you mentioned.

tom in chapel hill

"J-Man" wrote in message thlink.net...
Do you have any idea what's going on there the week of 4/25? Although hotel
rates seem reasonable, for some reason rental cars are OUTRAGEOUS! Like
$50/day and up for an ECONOMY car at the weekly rate!!!

"Daniel Barton" wrote in message
J-Man wrote:

The AAA Book was high on "Exploris." What's your opinion?

I haven't been in it. The building is nice and I have been
in the IMAX theater though.

Regards, Daniel

| |

Old March 12th, 2004, 02:17 AM
J-Man

Did you check the same dates I did? I just went into Orbitz -- cheapest for
Economy: Dollar and Thrifty -- $320/week + fees = $407.

I was able to reserve with a local company called Triangle for $184 (+fees)
for a midsize.

"tomg" wrote in message
Are you looking in the right place? I saw in Orbitz that both
Enterprise and Thrifty have weekly rates for about one half of what
you mentioned.

tom in chapel hill

thlink.net...

Old March 14th, 2004, 08:02 PM
SNW

Default Prince concerts

Rodney Boles wrote:

Hadn't heard Prince was coming. Might have to check that out.

We saw him when he came to Raleigh 6 years ago and were very
dissappointed. He played a lot of newer unknown music and
only played medleys of his hits. It was also a fairly
short show with a very plain set and was darn expensive.
It was one of our least favorite concerts we've ever been
to.

I don't know how much tickets will be this time but I
think we'll pass.

Regards, Daniel

Hope you change your mind and DO in fact go to this concert. Back in
1997 he had one of his weakest bands EVER. Tickets are at
http://www.ticketmaster.com now.
Now on this MUSICOLOGY tour he is playing with one of his tightest
bands EVER !

He is playing the hits in their ENTIRETY, no long medleys, not too
much unknown new music ... The show should be around 2 hours long and
PLUS it is in the round do you can hardly get a bad seat ...
Tickets are range from $75 - $45

Hope I will see you there !
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Anonymous

J-Man wrote:

Do you have any idea what's going on there the week of 4/25?

Although hotel
rates seem reasonable, for some reason rental cars are OUTRAGEOUS!

Like
$50/day and up for an ECONOMY car at the weekly rate!!!

I'm not sure. I don't know of any big events during that
time. The only thing I see is Prince is playing at the RBC
Center at 4/23 and Jimmy Buffet on 4/27.

Regards, Daniel

| |
--multiplaza.nl.nu--