Beaches and places to visit near Genoa. Accomodation wanted.

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:11 AM
John Owens

Default Beaches and places to visit near Genoa. Accomodation wanted.

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 13) is to visit Genoa for a
few days in July.

Is the beach there a sandy one or should we travel further, e.g.
towards the cinque terra (e.g. Levanto )? Obviously we want to see
genoa but the kids will want some sandy beach.

What can anybody recommend as budget family accomodation ? This is
meant to be a quick cheap break but I am starting to feel that it is
an expnsive part of the world.

Thanks in advance

John
www.GoodViews.co.uk
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Dominique Foucart

John Owens a émis l'idée suivante :
Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 13) is to visit Genoa for a
few days in July.

Is the beach there a sandy one or should we travel further, e.g.
towards the cinque terra (e.g. Levanto )? Obviously we want to see
genoa but the kids will want some sandy beach.

What can anybody recommend as budget family accomodation ? This is
meant to be a quick cheap break but I am starting to feel that it is
an expnsive part of the world.

Thanks in advance

John
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Last august, we stayed for a week at
http://www.lacamogliese.it/
Camogli is a very nice village not too far from Genoa. For a large room
accomodating 4,in peak season, we paid 850 Euros (room + breakfast).

Neverteless, it is not white sand. The beach is made of stones and grey
sand.

Cinque Terre will be more expansive.

Enjoy the Riviera !

Best Regards,

Dominique

--
Dominique Foucart
http://www.loc-alpes.com

Old June 7th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Last august, we stayed for a week at http://www.lacamogliese.it/

I've stayed there too, and it's a reasonable hotel in a great location right
along the stony beach. But the town itself is delightful, a grand arc
around the sea, with great gelato and passagiata. If you want beach, I've
never stayed in Levanto or around there, because the hotels are so damned
hard to get in summer, particularly for short stays. Other broad,
wonderful beaches and nice resorts are west of Genoa at Finale Ligure and
Alassio--where beach is the main (if not only) attraction!

Old June 8th, 2004, 12:38 AM
John Owens

Dominique Foucart wrote in message ...
[...]

Thank you Dominique.

I will keep on trying.
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Watcher

(John Owens) wrote in message . com...
Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (11, 13) is to visit Genoa for a
few days in July.

Is the beach there a sandy one or should we travel further, e.g.
towards the cinque terra (e.g. Levanto )? Obviously we want to see
genoa but the kids will want some sandy beach.

What can anybody recommend as budget family accomodation ? This is
meant to be a quick cheap break but I am starting to feel that it is
an expnsive part of the world.

Thanks in advance

John
www.GoodViews.co.uk

About the only beach in the Cinque Terre is at Monterosso al Mare.
Better beaches are west, in France....

Accomodations are not all that expensive -- I have stayed in singles
in Vernazza (in the Cinque Terre) for $40 a night (Albergo Barbara)
and $60 a night (Franzi).