Best beach hotels in Costa Rica

Old October 30th, 2007, 05:02 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Nick and Judy

Default Best beach hotels in Costa Rica

We have been to Costa Rica once and did Monteverde, Arenal and other
activities. We were thinking of hitting the coast/beach this time. I have
heard the Pacific coast in CR is better than the Caribbean side. Any
recomendations for hotels on the beach?
Thanks,
Judy

Old October 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
bart72

On Oct 30, 12:02 pm, "Nick and Judy" wrote:
We have been to Costa Rica once and did Monteverde, Arenal and other
activities. We were thinking of hitting the coast/beach this time. I have
heard the Pacific coast in CR is better than the Caribbean side. Any
recomendations for hotels on the beach?
Thanks,
Judy

ur want to buy insurance here
http://uniasiageneral.blogspot.com/2...mobile_24.html

Old November 1st, 2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
medvall

Hi Judy,

All I know from personal experience is that Manuel Antonio has very
nice beaches (read sand). Jaco is a nasty place. The sand is black
from tar or something. In MA you will have the nice white sand.

The caribbean side doesn't have anything but Puerto Viejo, but even
that is small and quite unpaved so to speak. Humid like glue.

Read reviews at tripadvisor dot com.

Best wishes, Marcus
Tomlab Optimization Inc.
http://tomopt.com/

Old November 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
k[_1_]

"Nick and Judy" wrote in message
. net...
We have been to Costa Rica once and did Monteverde, Arenal and other
activities. We were thinking of hitting the coast/beach this time. I have
heard the Pacific coast in CR is better than the Caribbean side. Any
recomendations for hotels on the beach?
Thanks,
Judy

We loved the Flamingo Beach hotel (on Flamingo Beach). It's a 3 or 4 star
place right on the sand, and it's very nice sand indeed. Depending where
you're coming through, you can fly right into the airport at Liberia,
putting you 3 hrs nearer than San Jose.

http://www.resortflamingobeach.com

Keith

Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
k[_1_]

There are not a lot of places around, but enough that we don't get the the
all-inclusive package. We ate at the hotel every day for breakfast - you'll
love it if you like fruit. Depends on you, I guess.

Keith

"Nick and Judy" wrote in message
. net...
Did you do the all inclusive plan, or are there plenty of eating options
nearby?

. net...