Fire!

Old October 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
memiki

Default Fire!

On Oct 30, 5:37 am, Icono Clast wrote:
This post looks like a forgery, Miki. Is it?

memiki wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
At the time of the Cedar Fire, I think, someone posted that the
Idiot
in the White House........

Miki replied:
Ike -- I tried to ignore your post without a response but, as you can
see, I was not successful. I am not here to argue the articles you
dragged up or the mentality, character or deeds of President Bush --
just to express my disgust at your referring to the President as an
"idiot" on a forum that is read internationally.

Ike replied:
How would you characterize him?
on a forum that is read internationally.

Miki replied:
On a public forum that is read internationally, I would
characterize him as being a disappointment and that I disagree with
how he has
handled some issues.........

I would not name-call, gloat, or go digging for
old dirt for personal satisfaction.

Ike replied:
I wouldn't, and think I don't, gloat.
If that works for you, fine. But he's not been a disappointment to
me. He has surpassed my expectations......... You have no idea how
much I
wish he had been an extreme disappointment.
I wouldn't, and think I don't, gloat

Miki replied:
You live to gloat..........from Webster's: to observe or think about
something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction,
gratification, or delight-gloat over an enemy's misfortune.

Why are you digging up all those old posts? Are they worth having a
second, maybe third time around.?

Miki

It is not a forgery......how you edited your post made it difficult
for me to otherwise reply in a way that made sense to readers.
Miki

Old October 31st, 2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
memiki

On Oct 29, 11:26 pm, Hatunen wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:55:27 -0700, memiki
wrote:

On Oct 27, 4:00 am, Icono Clast wrote:
At the time of the Cedar Fire, I think, someone posted that the Idiot
in the White House had withdrawn expenditures to clear brush that
might have reduced the severity of that fire. I couldn't find the
post but I found some other stuff. The words might've been written a
few years ago but . . .

Ike -- I tried to ignore your post without a response but, as you can
see, I was not successful. I am not here to argue the articles you
dragged up or the mentality, character or deeds of President Bush --
just to express my disgust at your referring to the President as an
"idiot" on a forum that is read internationally.

Are you thinking that perhaps the feeling that Bush is an "idiot"
isn't a feeling in other countires?

It is my feeling that when an American publicly insults the Office of
the Presidency outside the country, whether it be the Dixie Chicks on
a stage in England or Ike or you on a public forum, harm is done to
the country. There is enough garbage being thrown by other countries
without having sine if our own add to the heap.

Miki

Old October 31st, 2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Bob Ford

wrote:

[...]

I agree Miki but you know Lew (my preferred name for him), never to
miss a chance to bash Bush, Reagan and any other Republican.

I found it interesting that while I was in the Orange County area last
week-end I heard several commentaries on how pitiful the Orange County
fire protection was compared to L.A. and L.A. County. According to
those sources there has been money available but the politicians chose
to hang on to it or spend it elsewhere rather than for increased fire
protection which it was designated for.

I also heard that there have been efforts to thin out a lot of the
dangerous undergrowth in L.A., Orange County and Santa Barbara but the
ecology freaks have fought it tooth and nail for fear the habitats for
spiders, snakes and other "endangered" species would be destroyed.
Better to save the little critters than protect multi million dollar
homes eh? ;-^)

I'm surprised that Lew has missed the opportunity to say that since
Bush talks to God, he probably asked him to start these fires to teach
these people a lesson :-)
Bob Ford
Images In Motion
www.imagesinmotion.com
Old October 31st, 2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_2_]

memiki wrote:

Are you thinking that perhaps the feeling that Bush is an "idiot"
isn't a feeling in other countires?

It is my feeling that when an American publicly insults the Office of
the Presidency outside the country, whether it be the Dixie Chicks on
a stage in England or Ike or you on a public forum, harm is done to
the country. There is enough garbage being thrown by other countries
without having sine if our own add to the heap.

You should make an exception in this case. The man is an idiot and an
embarrassment to the office of the president. The first mistake was
electing that numbskull president, and it was compounded by electing him a
second time. I can understand your embarrassment but people would probably
feel better about the country if you guys would admit that you screwed up.
Immediately after 9/11 you had the sympathy and support of the western
world, and a lot of the rest of it. Bush has squandered all that good will.
Old October 31st, 2007, 02:38 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
memiki

wrote:

On Oct 27, 4:00 am, Icono Clast wrote:
At the time of the Cedar Fire, I think, someone posted that the Idiot
in the White House had withdrawn expenditures to clear brush that
might have reduced the severity of that fire. I couldn't find the
post but I found some other stuff. The words might've been written a
few years ago but . . .

Ike -- I tried to ignore your post without a response but, as you can
see, I was not successful. I am not here to argue the articles you
dragged up or the mentality, character or deeds of President Bush --
just to express my disgust at your referring to the President as an
"idiot" on a forum that is read internationally.

Are you thinking that perhaps the feeling that Bush is an "idiot"
isn't a feeling in other countires?

My feelings are that Americans in a foreign country who are publicly
disrespectful of the man holding the Office of the Presidency (i.e.
Dixie Chicks), or on an internationally read public forum, do their
country more harm than good.........I strongly disagree with Ike's
premise that so doing illustrates our freedom of speech to the world.
The world knows about our freedom of speech and that is why so many
emigrate. OTOH.....maybe Ike has found a way to keep them out and a
solution to the illegal immigration problem.

Miki
(this may be a duplicate)

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:36 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:21:52 GMT, Bob Ford
wrote:

I also heard that there have been efforts to thin out a lot of the
dangerous undergrowth in L.A., Orange County and Santa Barbara but the
ecology freaks have fought it tooth and nail for fear the habitats for
spiders, snakes and other "endangered" species would be destroyed.
Better to save the little critters than protect multi million dollar
homes eh? ;-^)

Multi-million dollar homes that probably shouldn't have been
there in the first place. But if the ownere must be there, they
could have at least taken steps to minimize any fire damage.

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:00:45 -0500, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:45:30 -0500, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

Should you and I pay for brush clearance programs in areas of
(largely expensive) homes built among the trees and brush of
notoriously combustible California hillsides? And what shall you
and I do for those that survived when the denuded hillsides begin
to slide downhill after the rains, as they also notoriously do?

Since much of the danger is caused by the federal lands there is a clear
need for federal involvement in reducing the danger. Especially since
you cannot sue them if their carelessness causes your house to burn.

Very, very few of the houses that were damaged by the recent
fires were anywhere near federal land.

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
memiki

wrote:

[...]

Nonsense. It helps the country and its image when outsiders understand
we can recognize our blunders. Blunders like shrub.- Hide quoted text -

Nonsense yourself ! I think so doing is unpatriotic, abuses our
precious freedom of speech, and does us much harm.. The enemies of our
country use remarks such as those you approve of as propaganda.....why
fuel them...! ......why aid them!

Miki

Old October 31st, 2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
memiki

On Oct 30, 6:13 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
memiki wrote:
[...]

Excuse me.... but what do you mean by "you guys"....;

Old October 31st, 2007, 01:03 PM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

memiki wrote:
Excuse me.... but what do you mean by "you guys"....;

I think he means the idiots who are STILL supporting this outlandishly
corrupt and incompetent administration.