Caribbean cruise without luggage...help?

Old November 12th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Pete

Default Caribbean cruise without luggage...help?

Sorry if this post is inappropriate for this group, but I don't know where
else to turn...I'm hoping some seasoned travelers might have some advice.

My family recently pooled together some cash to give my sister and her
husband their first cruise ever, a trip with Royal Caribbean (RC) in
celebration of their 25th wedding anniversary. They're two days into their
cruise, still with no luggage and I'm wondering what recourse they might
have. My sister just called and relayed the following events...

The shuttle from the airport to the ship was making two stops, one to the
Radiance of the Seas (their ship), and one to the Millenium (not sure whose
cruise line that's affiliated with). When they left the shuttle and asked
about their luggage, the driver said that it would follow them to the ship.
Well, it got loaded on the Millenium instead. When RC found out about their
situation, they were given $75 apiece to spend onboard for clothes (my
sister said that a pair of shorts were $65, so that obviously didn't go very
far). RC also agreed to wash their one set of underwear nightly, free of
charge.

I'm kinda dumbfounded. We were obviously hoping this would be a trip of a
lifetime for them, but it's turning into a disaster. No bathing suits, no
formal clothes...we back at home want to help, but don't know what to
advise.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Don Wiss

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:45:26 -0500, Pete wrote:

Sorry if this post is inappropriate for this group, but I don't know where
else to turn...I'm hoping some seasoned travelers might have some advice.

My family recently pooled together some cash to give my sister and her
husband their first cruise ever

You turn to the rec.travel.cruises newsgroup. Not here. If you have some
questions on what to do after you get on an island, then you can ask those
here.

How many newsgroups did you post this to?

Don donwiss at panix.com.
Old November 13th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Ken Tough

"Pete" wrote

My family recently pooled together some cash to give my sister and her
husband their first cruise ever, a trip with Royal Caribbean (RC) in
celebration of their 25th wedding anniversary. They're two days into their
cruise, still with no luggage and I'm wondering what recourse they might
have.

What a disaster! I assume the cruise is less than about 10 days.
I would give up much hope of their clothes ever arriving during
this cruise. They ought to demand some more cash for clothes
(e.g. at least $300 each) and also free laundry for -all- their
clothes, every day). They should say if this isn't satisfactory
then the cruise company has the alternative of supplying their
own clothes within 24 hours.

Then (and on top of that), they should demand a replacement cruise.
They must not take this kind of crap, given that they were assured
by the cruise representatives that their clothes would be there.
They must take a hard line and ask for what is fair.

[Sorry, I know this isn't a cruise group but you're in a tough spot.]

--
Ken Tough