advisories needed~! Finland

Old November 14th, 2003, 03:35 AM
man-chi

Default advisories needed~! Finland

i and my friends are going to visit Finland in the coming X'mas.
this is our first time to be there.
please provide us with some advisories~
thx so much~!
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Heikki Kantola

Markku Grönroos informed
rec.travel.europe with the following:
"Hatunen" wrote in message
On 13 Nov 2003 19:35:22 -0800, (man-chi)
wrote:
i and my friends are going to visit Finland in the coming X'mas.
this is our first time to be there.
please provide us with some advisories~
thx so much~!

What's to advise? It will be cold.

In southern Finland it is not unheard of that the temperature could
also be few degrees above the freezing point (and thus no guarantee
for white Xmas, snif), but on the other hand it could be well below
(records for Helsinki are +6°C and -27°C). Not exactly balmy in any
case, especially if there is wind and rain...

In Helsinki the open air market at the head of the harbor will be open
anyway. Check the tourist office on the North Esplanadi near the
market plaza for info.

I think¹ neither of these will be open during the holidays.

Much of downtown Helsinki is underground, making it esy to keep
out of the weather.

I think¹ Christmas day is about only day in the year when all the
shops at the underground mall at the railway station are closed.

Helsinki is very quiet a place on 24th and 25th (especially at this
date) December and actually pretty much so on 26th. Fortunately public
transport operates much as usual contrary to rest of the country.

Actually if HKL website² is correct: on Christmas Eve there is normal
transportation (Saturday timetables) only till 15:30 or so and next
day the public transportation restarts approximately at 11:30 with
Sunday timetables.

¹ Personally I'm going to join the hordes fleeing from the city for
the holidays...
² URL:http://www.hel.fi/HKL/, but the above information seems to be
only in Finnish language.
--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola,
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Anonymouse

Hi,

finland has more legal privately owned machineguns per person than
anyplace else in the western world... more than switzerland OR the US.

man-chi wrote:

i and my friends are going to visit Finland in the coming X'mas.
this is our first time to be there.
please provide us with some advisories~
thx so much~!

--

*DERRINGER KIT GUN SIDEPLATES*

Old November 18th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Anonymouse" skrev i meddelandet
Hi,

finland has more legal privately owned machineguns per person than
anyplace else in the western world... more than switzerland OR the US.