Blasphemous Texanus

Old December 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Blasphemous Texanus

As all San Franciscans do, we paid our annual visit to the City of
Paris to visit the tree. Well! The Texans running the place chose to
not use the wonderful Paul Verdier ornaments we've all known and loved
since before we were born. The only ornaments were many-sized silver
balls made not even of glass.

BLASPHEMY!!! How DARE those Texans mess with OUR Tradition!?!

We also visited O'Connor and Moffatt via Nathan Dorman and enjoyed its
amimal'd windows, swingin' sounds, and fanciful depictions of my home.
Then, via the Flood Building lobby to the Emporium to enjoy its
loveliness, a tasty middle-Eastern meal in the basement, and a cuppla
movies.

Except for the City of Paris, 'twas all quite pleasant.
In the Flood Building lobby are many pictures. I have often said that
there were no lines to ride cable cars before they were turned into a
toy for tourists and the pictures in the Flood Building lobby clearly
show that.

As early as 18:00, there was ample space to board a cable car at Geary
Street.

On Powell Street there's a new sparkly jewellery store, apparently the
same merchandise found on Haight Street around Belvedere. I found a
ring I recently acquired for a price $50% greater than on Haight
Street.
A San Franciscan in 47.452 mile² San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/touringsfo/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"Hatunen" schrieb

You might want to explain what the "City of Paris" is for the San
Francisco impaired.

I must admit, after reading the first sentence I was impressed: All
San Franciscans fly to Europe to see a Christmas tree in Paris!
Amazing!

But I quickly found out that the OP obviously was talking about
some other place ;-)

Jochen
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:00:16 +0100, "Jochen Kriegerowski"
wrote:

"Hatunen" schrieb

You might want to explain what the "City of Paris" is for the San
Francisco impaired.

I must admit, after reading the first sentence I was impressed: All
San Franciscans fly to Europe to see a Christmas tree in Paris!
Amazing!

But I quickly found out that the OP obviously was talking about
some other place ;-)

Since IC hasn't replied I'll elaborate. There used to be a
department store in SF called City of Paris. Eventually the
building was taken over by the Texas-based upscale department
store, Nieman Marcus. The building is still called the "City of
Paris building"