cancun ?

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
Myron Hanch

Default cancun ?

Hi: Which of the Cancun All-inclusives are known for their superior service
entertainment, and food quality ? Will consider all of the area south of
Cancun too.

Thanks !

Old May 4th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Leasa Hachey

There are a few which are considered a notch above the rest. These include:

In Cancun:

Crown Paradise Club (not Golden Crown Paradise)
Royal Solaris
Fiesta Americana
Grand Oasis
Gran Caribe Real
Omni

South of Cancun:

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Iberostar Lindo
Xpu Ha Palace
Occidental Royal Hideaway
Occidental Grand Xcaret

The Occidentals go up a considerable amount in price.

I can give you more detailed information on a couple of these resorts if you
email me.

-Leasa

Old May 8th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Pavel

Leasa,

I'll have to disagree with the Royal Solaris as far as superior service. It's ok, probably a *bit* better than in some hotels in Cancun. But, I definitely wouldn't say superior. My experiences with the RS is not atypical. While I have heard service with the Riu chains is very superior. I am wondering why you haven't mentioned the Riu or even any of the Palaces or even Club Med?

"Leasa Hachey" wrote in message ...
: There are a few which are considered a notch above the rest. These include:
:
: In Cancun:
:
Old May 9th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Steven Goodman

Leasa Hachey wrote:
There are a few which are considered a notch above the rest. These include:

In Cancun:

Crown Paradise Club (not Golden Crown Paradise)
Royal Solaris
Fiesta Americana
Grand Oasis
Gran Caribe Real
Omni

South of Cancun:

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Iberostar Lindo
Xpu Ha Palace
Occidental Royal Hideaway
Occidental Grand Xcaret

The Occidentals go up a considerable amount in price.

Leasa,

How about a disclaimer on these resorts? Like the disclaimer that stock
brokers on television are required to make?

Which of these resorts does you or your agency sell, promote or
otherwise have a direct interest in? Which, if any, of these resorts
have you personally been to?

Back to the original question, what are you interested in Myron? Club
Med has the reputation for some of the best food, but they have group
seating (which I like) not fancy little candle-lit tables for two with a
waiter hovering around. The rooms aren't fancy, but they clean them
well. Their best "service" is sports instruction, better than you will
get anywhere else without paying extra. (I have been 3 times to CM Cancun).

The Palace resorts have good reputation, but I have never been to any.
Occidental also has a good reputation, but as Leasa states, more expensive.

Steven Goodman

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Pavel

"Steven Goodman" wrote in message ...
: :
: Leasa,
:
: How about a disclaimer on these resorts? Like the disclaimer that stock
: brokers on television are required to make?
:
: Which of these resorts does you or your agency sell, promote or
: otherwise have a direct interest in? Which, if any, of these resorts
: have you personally been to?

Here here!!! Very well put. This is just one reason why we this forum should be moderated.
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
L.Hachey

I'm not a travel agent. I in no way sell travel of any kind. I operate a
website where normal everyday people post their trip reports of their trips
they have taken to resorts, I'm not allowed to post those here, so I told
Myron to email me so that I could give him some links to some personal trip
reports that some folks such as yourselves had posted on my site for resorts
in that area. I'm not selling anything. I've visited that area nine times
in the past five years, and have been a regular on many messag boards for
the area, so maybe I feel like a bit of an expert on the area. I've heard
of a lot of bad things about the RIU's as well, and it really just comes
down to personal preference, don't you think? Which is why I was directing
Myron to personal trip reports of others.

Really, I have no vested interest other than in trying to help Myron.

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Steven Goodman

"L.Hachey" wrote in message
I'm not a travel agent. I in no way sell travel of any kind. I operate a
website where normal everyday people post their trip reports of their

trips

Really, I have no vested interest other than in trying to help Myron.

Leasa,

I have to disagree slightly, you may not be a travel agent, but your
website is commercial; it has advertisements. So, you may not have a
direct vested interest, but you want people to visit your website.

Myron,

So, what did you decide???

Steven Goodman