snoring in youth hostels

Old October 26th, 2004, 12:25 AM
st

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:55:38 +0100, "bob watkinson"
wrote:

I remember once I was occupying a bottom bunk. I must have had a funny dream
or something because I was convinced I was trapped inside some kind of box.
When I woke up I was actually pushing the bed above me off it's frame by at
least a couple of inches. The German guy in the top bunk never said a word
about it but he must have thought I was some kind of maniac or something. I
think you got off lucky.

That is brilliant!

--
"It's too late
to be late again
Old October 26th, 2004, 12:30 AM
st

On 25 Oct 2004 06:14:40 -0700, (bowerm) wrote:

i'm just back home in san francisco bay area after a marvelous trip to
scotland and england where i stayed in four youth hostels over the
course of two weeks. i just love youth hosteling international...but i
have one question. is there nothing that can be done about hostelers
who have major...and i mean major...snoring problems. i went to bed
early one night at the st. pancras hostel in london and was woken up
by the bunk literally shaking due to the snoring of the man in the
bunk below. i tried to sleep through it but it was impossible! after
an hour or so of this i went to the reception desk and asked to be
moved but the attendant said there were no open beds and nothing that
could be done about the snorer! another roommate told me the next
morning (after i slept on the couch in the lounge!) that the snorer
told him of his problem when they first met. so? at that point you've
already paid for your bed. seems to me hostel reception could post a
polite sign at the desk asking snorers to identify themselves as such
so they could be bunked in the same room. i had this same problem at
the youth hostel in santa cruz, california, earlier this year. the
snoring was so loud from another roommate that i actually left the
hostel at 12:30am and went and got a very expensive motel room. any
other suggestions?

sleepy in california

I'd say you got off lightly.

Compare this to my friend who in a hostel in Cesky Krumlov last year.
He sleepwalked in a drunken slumber down some stairs into another dorm
and proceeded to **** on someone elses bed while they were sleeping in
it (apparently it was difficult to find the toilet in his sleep??).
There was a note posted when we woke up which read 'To the scum who
urinated on the dorm last night, I know who you are and I expect an
apology today'. He called his bluff and didn't apologise, and was
never found out.

--
"It's too late
to be late again

Old October 26th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Sam

You think you have problems. 20 years ago I found myself in a Swedish
youth hostel accidentally placed in a room with three women. They were
so talkative.

Sam
---
http://www.freewheelingforum.com
Old October 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM
JohnB

Sam wrote:

You think you have problems. 20 years ago I found myself in a Swedish
youth hostel accidentally placed in a room with three women. They were
so talkative.

About a similar time ago I awoke one morning in Burley hostel in the New
Forest to hear cries of "Eek, there's a man in here".

I'd got back from the pub and not noticed the female doors were pink and
the lads blue.

Honest, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

John B

Old October 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"JohnB" wrote in message
Sam wrote:

You think you have problems. 20 years ago I found myself in a Swedish
youth hostel accidentally placed in a room with three women. They were
so talkative.

About a similar time ago I awoke one morning in Burley hostel in the New
Forest to hear cries of "Eek, there's a man in here".

I'd got back from the pub and not noticed the female doors were pink and
the lads blue.

Honest, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

John B

Oh!! You mean Sam is NOT short for Samantha?? :-)

Old October 26th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Richard Bates

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:34:07 +0100, JohnB wrote:

About a similar time ago I awoke one morning in Burley hostel in the New
Forest to hear cries of "Eek, there's a man in here".

Last time I went to one of the Ironbridge hostels I discovered in the
morning that I had ended up in a female room. My female companion had
a room to herself, though we expect it probably was a male dorm.

When we checked in with the warden she gave us our keys, then swapped
them over. Seems she was right first time.

And I can vouch for the fact that women do snore!

--
Warning: This user suffers from narcolepppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp