Alternative all-inclusives to Palace group in Cancun?

Old September 12th, 2004, 03:33 PM
GRL

Default Alternative all-inclusives to Palace group in Cancun?

What are good alternatives to the Palace group of all-inclusives in and
around Cancun (Aventura Spa, Moon, Sun, etc.)? They are currently
running a promotion of unlimited tours to Tolun, snorkeling on a small
island, Chicenitza (sic?), which adds to their attraction, but from my
location they are a little pricey, though not forbidding.

Just want to make sure that we are not missing a better value.

Our interests are the usual: a bit of snorkeling, touring ruins, nature
parks, a bit of "beached whale" non-activity, a room comfortable for
three adults, Carnival cruise ship (or better) level dining, etc.
George Litwinski

"It's good to want things."

S. Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic.Net
programmer)

Old September 14th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Everyboysmomma

"GRL" wrote in message
What are good alternatives to the Palace group of all-inclusives in and
around Cancun (Aventura Spa, Moon, Sun, etc.)? They are currently
running a promotion of unlimited tours to Tolun, snorkeling on a small
island, Chicenitza (sic?), which adds to their attraction, but from my
location they are a little pricey, though not forbidding.

Just want to make sure that we are not missing a better value.

Our interests are the usual: a bit of snorkeling, touring ruins, nature
parks, a bit of "beached whale" non-activity, a room comfortable for
three adults, Carnival cruise ship (or better) level dining, etc.
George Litwinski

"It's good to want things."

S. Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic.Net
programmer)

I can't give you an alternative because we are so spoiled by Palace. We are
not "members" or "owners". We have been to the Cancun Palace twice and both
times had a wonderful experience. If you are finding them pricey, check
around for rates. We ended up going through Apple Vacations because they
offered us a great price (3000 for two people including airfare out of
Hartford in January!!) Cruises may start out lower, but when you add in
your bar bill, all the tips, and all the "extra's" we find that Palace is a
better deal. On both trips the hotel was immaculate, the staff went out of
their way to make us feel welcome (including upgrading our room to
oceanfront for no charge) and we were happy with eating from the buffet on
the beach every day. After all, it was January, and we are from Maine, and
the beach is why we were there!
Momma