Military Coup in the offing

Old March 24th, 2006, 04:30 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Military Coup in the offing

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:14:08 GMT, michael wrote:

Pan wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:27:54 GMT, "WILLIAM"
wrote:

Thailand is a very peaceful kingdom, especially when compared to many of
its' neighbors.

How many of them? Name the countries. OK, I'll start: Burma. And?

and cambodia and indonesia and the phillipines...

How many killings are going on in Cambodia lately?

I think it's open to a lot of question whether Thailand is more
peaceful than Indonesia and the Philippines. Perhaps someone could
post figures on the number of killings in each country. Particularly
if you do a per capita comparison, I'm sure Thailand would come out on
the short end by comparison with Indonesia. And note that there is a
ceasefire in Aceh, and an existing, albeit fragile, peace agreement.
On the other hand, things are rather different in West Papua.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:14 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:21:43 +0800, "....lobert...." lobert@.. wrote:

and you hope to see South East Asia becoming less peaceful especially
Thailand.

And you keep coming up with the same tired rhetoric. Go & ask anyone in the
South how peaceful Thailand is.

Dave
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:21 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:41:46 GMT, michael wrote:

[snip]
and note that if this is not intended ironically, your mother was cruel
to have let you live this way...

Ho hum.