New York Times questions timing of Obama family Australia/ Indonesia

Old March 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)

Default New York Times questions timing of Obama family Australia/

Mxsmanic wrote:

Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously) writes:

Since they are at grave risk of being killed, they need the
security, you nut.

If security is that important, the best security is at home. There is a limit
to how much the civil liberties of others should be ignored and denied just to
cater to one person. And the government is not a monarchy (yet).

Kook Alert.
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.e urope,soc
.retirement
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000
Indonesia trip: No real diplomatic reason to go but it is the kids' spring
break. Date night was cheap by comparison , but this?

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:

Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously) writes:

Is there a point you are trying to make? Of course a president
should consider the potential disruption of a visit to a specific
location. However, there are plenty of places he could go that
wouldn't cause undue commotion.

Examples?

I bet that whoever the president was, he'd be welcome out west,
where US presidents rarely tend to go. I think you are
superimposing Virginia sensibilities on the entire US. Obama should
be getting around DC and area in Marine One instead of a traffic
clogging motorcade anyway.

US presidents rarely tend to go out west??? Both Nixon and Reagan were
often in California, the state they came from and where they had homes. I
think California does qualify as "out west".

You can't be serious.

?????? Is this some sort of Bill Bonde attempt at humour?

You seem to think that comments that aren't humorous are attempts
at humour. Then comments that are humourous are treated as if they
aren't. Weird.

It's your sense of humour that's weird.

I asked you if you were seriously claiming that because two
presidents who lived in California went to their homes in
California means that in general American presidents head out west
a lot. Presidents tend to spend most of their time on the east
coast. Anything that brings them out west more is good in my
opinion. That their homes might do this shouldn't be surprising,
which is why I applauded Bush going to his ranch and I applaud
Obama going to Illinois. And if he wishes to visit Hawaii too,
that's even better. But I would state that he should be using trips
like that as a means to see more than his home or a vacation hot
spot. Bush used his ranch while on "vacations" there as a hub to
more easily reach destinations in the west for the sorts of public
appearances that more usually tend to, as I said, occur more east.

You said that "out west" was where most presidents "rarely tend to go."
These two, being from the west obviously favored it, went often. Another
Republican president, Gerald Ford, was very fond of Beaver Creek, Colorado.

Donna Evleth

Old March 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
John Rennie

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

Really, Donna, you fail to appreciate that Bill is NEVER repeat NEVER
wrong. How lucky we are to have his imput.
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

How was I "wrong" in the instant comment? I wasn't wrong at all.
And to pretend that I've never heard of Nixon or Reagan is just
beyond silly.

--
"It is illuminating for purposes of reflection, if not for
argument, to note that one of the greatest 'fictions' of our
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:00 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:

[...]

Refined like whale oil, you mean.

[...]

Which is true. Presidents tend to spend most of their time on the
east coast and the like. If a president is from a western state,
pretty much California, then of course they would go to their homes
there. That's a good thing because they can use this "Western White
House" as a base of operations.

These two, being from the west obviously favored it, went often. Another
Republican president, Gerald Ford, was very fond of Beaver Creek, Colorado.

While I'm sure that's true, it is also true that presidents tend to
spend most of their time in the east. Keep in mind that this
argument is against the silly claim that presidential vacations in
their home state are bad because a president should just lock
himself in the White House, like Carter did. The United States is a
huge country and its president should be out about it in my
opinion. These misnamed "vacations" should be encouraged, not
discouraged.
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:19 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)

Default Dumbasses at New York Times questions timing of Obama family

Kangaroo Court Australia wrote:

On Mar 16, 5:53 am, freeisbest wrote:
On Mar 14, 8:20 am, Kangaroo Court Australia

he owns. Think of a newsgroup post as the space they allot you on an
airliner - only so much will fit. That is, only so much (i.e. not
very much) will fit in the minds of your readers.

thanks for the suggestion, perhaps you can help us to succinctly
package the information?

Are you unaware that you are a troll? Reposting this whatever it is
again and again just gets you killfiled.

Old March 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

From: John Rennie
Newsgroups:
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:11:45 +0000

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

Do you have the frequency with which these folks ventured to these
locations to compare to the time they spent in the east? I think
you'll find they spent most of their days as presidents in the
eastern portion of the United States.

Really, Donna, you fail to appreciate that Bill is NEVER repeat NEVER
wrong. How lucky we are to have his imput.

Oh John, how could I possibly have forgotten this??? Shame, shame on me!!!
Indeed, Bill is never ever ever wrong. We know this because he tells us so.

Where have I told you that? I haven't.

We are indeed lucky to have his input.

I didn't even correct John on his labialisation of 'input'.

However, I feel a need to mention
something that my mentor in history told me: "Everyone has luck, it's what
you do with it that counts". Thus we can think of this when considering our
luck with Bill's input. And count what we do with it.

Heady.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

You said that "out west" was where most presidents "rarely tend to go."
These two, being from the west obviously favored it, went often. Another
Republican president, Gerald Ford, was very fond of Beaver Creek, Colorado.

Really, Donna, you fail to appreciate that Bill is NEVER repeat NEVER
wrong. How lucky we are to have his imput.

How was I "wrong" in the instant comment? I wasn't wrong at all.
And to pretend that I've never heard of Nixon or Reagan is just
beyond silly.

No one ever "pretended" that you had never heard of Nixon or Reagan. We are
not that silly. Only you are in accusing me of "pretending" anything.

So you actually believe that I'd not heard of Nixon or Reagan?

But oh.... I forgot. Bill Bonde is never, ever, ever wrong;

How am I wrong in the instant case is what matters. Put that right
here -----
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: John Rennie
Newsgroups:
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:11:45 +0000

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:43:16 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:16:09 +0000

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:13:41 +0000

Mxsmanic wrote:
[...]

We are indeed lucky to have his input. However, I feel a need to mention

Old March 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"

Newsgroups:
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:47:44 +0000