Help needed to identify Mediterranean cruise locations

Old September 8th, 2011, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 131

Default Help needed to identify Mediterranean cruise locations

Is Alaska in Europe ?

"Jean O'Boyle" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

"Ragnar" wrote in message
Thanks for your input Jean and Wolfgang. So far we have

1:20 - 1:45 Piraeus
2:18 - 3:30 Unidentified ruins and temple
3:30 - 3:50 Haifa (definite)
3:50 - 5:35 Jerusalem (definite)
5:35 - 5:55 Iraklion, Crete
5:55 - 7:05 Knossos (definite)
7:05 - End Unidentified port(s)

Also just confirmed - the tall chimney in the middle of the picture at
8:08 is a known landmark of Corfu (Kerkyra)
R.

If that is Corfu, my goodness how things have changed since then! I was
trying to zoom in on the orange life saver ring on the side of the deck to
see the name of the vessel that they were on. Do you by any chance know the
name of the ship? I'm a cruise lover and we are about to embark on our 56th
cruise on the Royal Caribbean ship, Allure, in October. We just got back in
July from a cruise to Alaska..our 6th one to Alaska and it is one of our
favorite itineraries.

--Jean

Old September 8th, 2011, 10:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ragnar[_3_]

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
"Ragnar" wrote in
:

Thanks for your input Jean and Wolfgang. So far we have

1:20 - 1:45 Piraeus
2:18 - 3:30 Unidentified ruins and temple
3:30 - 3:50 Haifa (definite)
3:50 - 5:35 Jerusalem (definite)
5:35 - 5:55 Iraklion, Crete
5:55 - 7:05 Knossos (definite)
7:05 - End Unidentified port(s)

Also just confirmed - the tall chimney in the middle of the picture at
8:08 is a known landmark of Corfu (Kerkyra)
R.

I had another look. In the first shot they board a plane with Dan Air
livery. Dan Air used to be based in Gatwick, so that's likely where it
was shot. The plane is probably a De Havilland Comet. Fond memories of
flying into Gatwick with Dan Air.

The aircraft is indeed a Comet 4 as you can just about make out stencilled
on the fuselage to the right of the door. I am fairly certain they flew
from Manchester not Gatwick, but I can not be sure.
R.