Odd question: Biscuits and Gravy on RCCL breakfast buffet?

Old February 20th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Amy

Default Odd question: Biscuits and Gravy on RCCL breakfast buffet?

Has anyone had them, and if so, did they taste funny to you?
My sisters and I finally decided that they tasted like shrimp
scampi, but we still disagreed over whether it was the biscuits
or the gravy that had the weird spicy seafood-y taste...

Amy

Old February 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
George Leppla

"Amy" wrote

Has anyone had them, and if so, did they taste funny to you?
My sisters and I finally decided that they tasted like shrimp
scampi, but we still disagreed over whether it was the biscuits
or the gravy that had the weird spicy seafood-y taste...

Yep. The biscuits were as dense as a brick and the gravy reminded me of
that white paste we used to use in elementary school. It surprised me
because other than that, the buffets on Royal Caribbean were very good. I
think the spicy taste was too much pepper in the gravy.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Miracle in May - http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/

Old February 20th, 2005, 02:32 PM
TomCAt

Didn't have that "old tire" taste you are used too?

What's the matter, you all didn't like the little Mobile Home they placed on
the side of the plate?

YOU WENT ON A CRUSE TO EAT ****ING BISCUITS AND GRAVEY?

THAT'S IT .......... I WILL NEVER EVER GO ON A CRUISE. THE THOUGHT OF
MEETING THE LIKES OF YOU ON A SHIP IS DISCUSTING.

HONEY, PASS THE GREY POUPON.

Old February 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Richard Whitlock

Hi:

Hubby who is a big biscuit and gravy person (and I have never heard him
say any were bad--just some better than others) said they were the
absolute worse things he had ever attempted to eat. There were several
other people that agreed. He had them first on the Rhapsody of the Sea
and being a pessimist, tried again on the Explorer. Obviously they use
the same recipe fleet wise. However, the rest of the food was good so
he just had to go "cold turkey" that week and managed to survive fine.
George described them pretty well.

Tucker in Texas

Old February 20th, 2005, 09:02 PM
TomCAt

Just in .... new cruise ship just launched.

The Majesty of the Park

I was lucky enough to be at the christening. What a ship.

Ship is White. From a distance you would swear she is a large Mobile Home.

Her decks are decorated with old hub caps, she has permanent Christmas
lights, and a huge Baby Jesus is attached to what looks like a bath tub
hanging from her bow.

For her maiden cruise she has brought in the best of the county singers
Nashville ever produced.

While I didn't get to see the whole ship, I was told the Elvis room is where
all the action is.

The Captain, Slim Pickens, has years of experience. His last ship, The
Southern Fried Chicken of the Sea, is in dry dock. He has his GED from
Folsum.

I know you are determined to try the biscuits and gravy, but save some room
for the banana and peanutbutter sandwiches.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Old February 20th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Bushleague

This is why they have Po' Folks resturants in Daytona. Industrial
sized breakfast is four bucks!

Bush

Old February 21st, 2005, 01:21 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "TomCAt" :

Just in .... new cruise ship just launched.

The Majesty of the Park

plonk

--
dillon

"When the French are against it, you know we can't
be far wrong." - Adm. Bobbie Ray Inman