Ryanair "no show": taxes paid

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Ewan Clydesdale

Default Ryanair "no show": taxes paid

snips

I think Ryanair could have more flexibility when it comes to changing the
journey after booking, or changing the passenger name. I don't think those
will actually cost them much, particulalry if they are done online by the
passenger himself.

Erm... if they allowed name changes like you suggest then travel
companies would buy up all the cheap seats as soon as they are
available (with dummy names), whack up the price, sell them on making
themselves an exorbitant profit, changing the names of the passengers
booked! Think again...

It seems that, like all other low-cost airlines, they have no notion
whatsoever of customer service, and I am sure this will affect their
business on a longer term, when the competition becomes stronger.

Never had any problems with their customer service. If I was paying
£300 for a 1 hour return flight I would expect damn good service. When
I pay £30 I don't expect more than I've paid for. Consumer choice, and
an awful lot are choosing cheap.

If I am given the choice of flying with Ryanair or BA on the same route, I
choose BA. As per their advert, they have more backup when things go wrong.

BA pulled that ad, in light of their horrific treatment of passengers
two months ago. I have never experienced anything remotely like that
on any low-cost.