Don't vacation in Santa Cruz, California

Old December 1st, 2003, 09:52 PM
Proprclr

Default Don't vacation in Santa Cruz, California

(taken from http://www.huffsantacruz.org/ )

Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:20 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Proprclr wrote:

(Lengthy troll snipped)

They have no "homeless" people in Europe? SFAIK, they're an unfortunate
fact of life, everywhere. I can't even say "fact of modern life", since
there have ALWAYS been beggars and "street people", nearly everywhere in
the world - except where they are imprisoned, instead. (Which can
hardly be considered a desireable alternative.)
Old December 2nd, 2003, 04:29 AM
Larrie Malobenski

Glad to see someones cleaning up the riff raff.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:08 PM
Proprclr

"Larrie Malobenski" wrote in message ...
Glad to see someones cleaning up the riff raff.

Your ignorance is appaling. Many homeless people don't fit the stereotypical
image you have in your mind. I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the
States, most people are just one paycheck away from becomming homless
themselves.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:29 PM
Dave Thompson

"Proprclr" wrote in message
om...
"Larrie Malobenski" wrote in message

Glad to see someones cleaning up the riff raff.

Your ignorance is appaling. Many homeless people don't fit the

stereotypical
image you have in your mind. I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the
States, most people are just one paycheck away from becomming homless
themselves.

Your political correctness is laughable. Very few homeless persons are on
the street solely for economic reasons. If you would put in some time as a
volunteer at a homeless shelter you would quickly separate fact from
bleeding heart sob stories. There are just too many healthy strong bums
hanging around the shelter/support system. Oops! I forgot. Your type
would rather the government do something so you don't have to soil your
hands. By insisting 'they' do something, your conscience is settled and you
are absolved.

The serious issues are women with children that have been abandoned by the
lazy shiftless bum who ran.

Working people have mechanisms available to bounce back after the loss of a
job. You know, unemployment insurance, negotiation with mortgage
holder/land lord, etc. After all, many Americans are just one paycheck from
paying off the mortgage.

--
Dave Thompson

Old December 2nd, 2003, 06:47 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:20:17 -0800,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop -no
wrote:

Proprclr wrote:

(Lengthy troll snipped)

They have no "homeless" people in Europe? SFAIK, they're an unfortunate
fact of life, everywhere. I can't even say "fact of modern life", since
there have ALWAYS been beggars and "street people", nearly everywhere in
the world - except where they are imprisoned, instead. (Which can
hardly be considered a desireable alternative.)

Johnson and Norse are professional advocates and whiners for the
homeless. It's unclear just how biased their "reports" are;
reading them I can't help getting the feeling that important info
has been left out. In any case, I'm not sure why this got posted
here instead of to rec.travel.usa-canada. Nor am I clear on why
any of this has anything to do with vacationing in Santa Cruz,
which is a pretty fun place.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM
Larrie Malobenski

Your ignorance is appaling. Many homeless people don't fit the
stereotypical
image you have in your mind. I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the
States, most people are just one paycheck away from becomming homless
themselves.

At least this ignoramus can spell "apalling" and "becoming homeless".
So which one were you? The hick that spent the dole meant for his kids on
booze or the jerk who let his dog loose on the beach.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:02 PM
Tom Shaw

This remark has got to be the biggest lie of the year. Most people are not
one paycheck away from becoming homeless.
TS
om...

Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:10 PM
Daedalus

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:02:55 -0600, "Tom Shaw" ,
wrote:

This remark has got to be the biggest lie of the year. Most people are not
one paycheck away from becoming homeless.
TS

I don't know what ivory tower you live in.

Jade

. com...

Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:14 PM
Rick J.

Proprclr wrote:

I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the
States, most people are just one paycheck away from becomming homless
themselves.

What bull****!

Rick J.