Bomb blasts in Bangalore

Old July 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

Default Bomb blasts in Bangalore

Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according to
early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to be
Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to bring
down the government.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 25th, 2008, 11:18 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"grusl" wrote in message
Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according
to early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to
be Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to
bring down the government.

Yahoo India is reporting seven bombs, all small and crude and triggered by
timers, two dead and twenty injured now.

Doesn't sound like Pakistani sponsored Islamic nutters, they're usually a
lot more lethal...

And I thought all the 'shooting' Communists were already up in the hills,
well to the north of there...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old July 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"William Black" wrote in message

"grusl" wrote in message
Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according
to early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to
be Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to
bring down the government.

Yahoo India is reporting seven bombs, all small and crude and triggered
by timers, two dead and twenty injured now.

Doesn't sound like Pakistani sponsored Islamic nutters, they're usually a
lot more lethal...

And I thought all the 'shooting' Communists were already up in the hills,
well to the north of there...

Six blasts now being reported; 1-3 dead. They seem to have set them serially
down one major road. (I'd go for Islamic nutters as many Islamic nutters
here are just not very good at being Islamic nutters. However, there are
also lots of Chinese agents and their sympathizers down here, hiding among
the Tibetans and northeasterners).

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"grusl" wrote in message
[...]

Well the authorities are going to say 'Pakistani sponsored Islamic nutters'
whoever they are.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old July 25th, 2008, 02:26 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , grusl says...
Five blasts so far this afternoon.

In Bangalore? Does this happen often? I might be in Bangalore in
October.
--

Alfred Molon
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , grusl says...
Five blasts so far this afternoon.

In Bangalore? Does this happen often? I might be in Bangalore in
October.

Very rare in the major cities

Compared to Europe in the 'eighties they're rare, and it's a lot more
dangerous to ride the Bombay trains in the rush hour...

Actually, it's a lot more dangerous to cross the road anywhere in India

Thinking about it any form of travelling in India, including walking, is a
lot more dangerous...

Most bomb attacks, of the three or four a year, are attacks on
controversial places of worship or controversial theatrical promotions.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old July 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"William Black" kirjoitti
.. .

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , grusl says...
Five blasts so far this afternoon.

In Bangalore? Does this happen often? I might be in Bangalore in
October.

Very rare in the major cities

Compared to Europe in the 'eighties they're rare, and it's a lot more
dangerous to ride the Bombay trains in the rush hour...

It goes off almost daily in Copenhagen.

Old July 26th, 2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:24:48 +0530, "grusl"
wrote:

Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according to
early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to be
Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to bring
down the government.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Glad you're OK.

Do they think these are related to the ones in Jaipur
recently? Thankfully those happened well after I was there.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:56 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

wrote:

Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according
early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to
be
Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to
bring
down the government.

Glad you're OK.

Do they think these are related to the ones in Jaipur
recently? Thankfully those happened well after I was there.

Thanks. Who knows? There's no forensic process here. It's like Japan. Grab a
suspect you had your eyes on anyway, force a confession out of him and say,
case solved.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 26th, 2008, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:26:31 +0530, "grusl"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Five blasts so far this afternoon. One killed; about 15 injured according
early figures. It's India, so those figures are sure to increase.

Possibly caused either by Pakistanis (or Indian authorities pretending to
be
Pakistanis) or else revenge from Communist sympathizers who failed to
bring
down the government.

Glad you're OK.

Do they think these are related to the ones in Jaipur
recently? Thankfully those happened well after I was there.

Thanks. Who knows? There's no forensic process here. It's like Japan. Grab a
suspect you had your eyes on anyway, force a confession out of him and say,
case solved.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Like wartime Morocco: "Round up the usual suspects":-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia