FAO Cathy / Bill Lederer [email protected]

Old April 14th, 2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default FAO Cathy / Bill Lederer [email protected]

Dear Cathy / Bill

Outlined below is a list of the threads which you have started on
rec.travel.europe, beginning 22nd May 2005 and continuing right up until
this morning.

1) We are thinking of booking the Cosmos Tour 5275. Has anyone been one it?

2) Cosmos charges $20 per person for on-way airport transfers to their tour
hotel. Is that on a bus? How much would a cab be for two people?

3) We will be taking the 30 day Cosmos tour around Europe. They provide a
Continental breakfast every morning. Could anyone tell us what it consists
of?

4) We are going on a month long bus tour of Europe. How does one separate
clean from dirty clothes in their suitcases?

5) We are taking a 32 day Cosmos tour next month. Part of it is a boat from
Italy to Greece and back to Italy. In reading about the Superfast ships, it
says they hold over 1,500 people. Then they have that there are 200
passengers cabins, with a total of 718 beds. How does this all work out?
Will we be sleeping on bus?

6) How many people are usually on Cosmos European tours?

7) We will be staying in Amsterdam on May 20-22. Will the flowers still be
in bloom? We would love to rent a car and drive around the country. Also, if
we rented a car for one day, could we see the windmills to the north and the
flower areas to the south in one day?

8) Would be safe to take a cab, from our hotel, and walk around the Eiffel
Tower at night? We will only be in Paris for one and a half days.

9) If we don't rent a car, how would we go about seeing the windmills,
cheese, shoe places and the flower places, taking trains or buses? Also, how
much would that cost? Can they all be seen in one day?

10) The place in the city I would like to see is the Anne Frank house. Hubby
wants to see the Red Light district and one of those "pot" places. What
would be the best way to get to those places from our hotel?

11) How can we find out what movie is playing on United Flight 956 on April
21st?

12) We will be flying United Airlines from JFK airport to London. Do we go
to the regular United Airlines terminal at Kennedy or to an International
building? Also, it says we need to check in two hours before the flight and
check in at the gate 45 minutes before the departing time.

13) Are bathrooms always available on Cosmos European bus tours?

14) I still haven't gotten a response to exactly how the movies work. We
will be flying from New York to London, on United Airlines. We will be
returning from Frankfort to New York, on Lufthansa Airlines. Will we have
our own TV's? Will we be able to select from a number of movies? Is there a
charge?

15) I am trying to find a map that shows where our hotel is. The address is
37-39 Falirou Street. At least can someone spell "Falirou" in Greek? The
maps we look at are not in English.

16) In the book our tour company sent us, there are different exchange
rates. In France, Spain and Italy, there is a slightly higher exchange rate
than in Greece, Austria, Germany and the Netherlands.

17) We won't have a lot of time for long dinners while in London. We will be
staying on Cardington Street, near Euston Street. We would like to catch a
quick bite perhaps as we walk to the British Museum. Does anyone know of any
fast food places in that area?

18)We have to change planes in Frankfort going from Amsterdam to New York.
Can we walk outside for the two hour wait?

19) We will be crossing the English Channel soon. It is with a Cosmos bus
tour from London to Paris. How long does it take? Are there ATM's on the
French side where we can get Euros?

After looking at all your above posts, all I can say is that if you aren't
the MOTHER OF ALL TROLLS, then I just wish to God I was going on that coach
trip of yours with you!

Gerry

Old April 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:

[]
After looking at all your above posts, all I can say is that if you aren't
the MOTHER OF ALL TROLLS, then I just wish to God I was going on that coach
trip of yours with you!

Sure, but a lot of the subjects were obviously interesting enough for a
lot of people to post follow-ups. I don't think it really matters what
the original intent was.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old April 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:44:20 +0100, "Gerald Oliver Swift"
wrote:

[...]

Well, that pretty much does it. I would like to thank those that have
helped me with my questions. I'm very sorry for wasting people's time
and causing you such anguish.

Good by,

Cathy

Old April 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Gerald Oliver Swift, having a great deal of time on his hands, wrote:
Dear Cathy / Bill

Outlined below is a list of the threads which you have started on
rec.travel.europe, beginning 22nd May 2005 and continuing right up
until this morning.

(snipped)

A useful remedy, if you are not interested in something on usenet, is to
ignore it. Rather than browbeat or bully others to try to make their tastes
conform to yours.

I hope others will not be discouraged from posting their questions here, and
also that Cathy and Bill have a great trip.

Old April 14th, 2006, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

OughtFour wrote:
Gerald Oliver Swift, having a great deal of time on his hands, wrote:
Dear Cathy / Bill

Outlined below is a list of the threads which you have started on
rec.travel.europe, beginning 22nd May 2005 and continuing right up
until this morning.

(snipped)

A useful remedy, if you are not interested in something on usenet, is to
ignore it. Rather than browbeat or bully others to try to make their tastes
conform to yours.

I hope others will not be discouraged from posting their questions here, and
also that Cathy and Bill have a great trip.

still, better entertainment than my TV tonight.

Old April 14th, 2006, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:
On 14 Apr 2006 11:56:17 -0700, "eetinBelgië"
wrote:

OughtFour wrote:
Gerald Oliver Swift, having a great deal of time on his hands, wrote:
Dear Cathy / Bill

Outlined below is a list of the threads which you have started on
rec.travel.europe, beginning 22nd May 2005 and continuing right up
until this morning.

(snipped)

A useful remedy, if you are not interested in something on usenet, is to
ignore it. Rather than browbeat or bully others to try to make their tastes
conform to yours.

I hope others will not be discouraged from posting their questions here, and
also that Cathy and Bill have a great trip.

still, better entertainment than my TV tonight.

IYHO better even than gRunge baiting?

also fun

Old April 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Of course, anything to pollute !

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy" a écrit dans
le message de news:
1hdsrcx.1gzmf1ld36zh9N%this_address_is_for_spam@ya hoo.com...

[]