Best Beach in St Thomas to relax on

Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Finz Up

Default Best Beach in St Thomas to relax on

I am going on my first cruise on Friday. One of the stops is St. Thomas,
we'll be there from 7AM-6PM. My husband and I are true beach bums and
want to find a fabulous beach that isn't packed wall to wall with
tourists. Our needs are simple, a beach bar, someplace to grab lunch and
maybe a chair rental. Beautiful sand and clear blue water is what we're
after. Does anyone know of any fab beaches on St. Thomas that we should
consider? Thanks in advance.

--
Maybe it's all too simple, for our big brains to figure out...
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about? JB
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Karen Henelde

Hi,

I love the beach at Megan's Bay on St. Thomas. It is my idea of a beach
bum's paradise. And it will meet all your requirements. It's about a 20
minute taxi ride from your ship. Have a wonderful cruise, and post a review
when you get back. Bon voyage!

Karen
Owings Mills, MD

Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Howie

Great beach with very blue water, real surf, not crowded, changing
facilities, nice bar (good drinks) and restaurant. Cab fare fro pier
about $12.

Howie

Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:01 PM
Mike Cordelli

I'll vote for this one too. It's Touristy in the middle, but if you wander
down to either side, it's fairly deserted. National Geographic called it
one of the 10 best beaches in the world. The only problem is it's so great,
you may forget you have to go back, so keep an eye on the time.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Tom & Linda

My favorite beach in the world (at least the ones I've seen) is Trunk Bay on
St. John. St. John is a 20 minute ferry ride from the far eastern end (Red
Hook) of St. Thomas. It doesn't get any better. In fact, it's part of the
US National Park system, like Yellowstone and Yosemite.

If you'd like a digital photo of Trunk Bay, e-mail me (make sure you take
out the nospam).

--Tom

Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Tom & Linda

Cliff wrote:

Tell us more about Sapphire Beach please.
Thanks
Cliff

Any digital photos of Sapphire Beach?

--Tom