Reward for Illegal immigrants

Old October 8th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Mel[_5_]

Default Reward for Illegal immigrants

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred not
to be insulted before I even got there.

Janet,

Kangaroo purports to be from the States but has resided in Australia for
some years. Please don't judge the rest of us by his/her standard.

Frankly I think 'roo has an overinflated view of his/her opinions to the
extent that they are inflicted on others whether warranted or relevant. Or
else we have a troll on our hands.

Kill-file the imported wildlife in r.t.a-nz and enjoy your trip to
Australia.
Mel

Old October 8th, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Janet

I don't think you'll find individual attitudes expressed on usenet are
typical of the population at large in any country.
If the press I read is correct, there's one Texan who is not only unpopular
in this country, but is most unpopular at home as well.

Taking politics out of the equation, I believe you'll find the vast majority
of Australians themselves most welcoming toward American visitors, just as I
have found the vast majority of Americans themselves welcome Australians to
their country.

Enjoy your visit.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old October 9th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Noodle

Is there an exemption for an American gigolo held
captive by Australian women?

No.

To report illegal immigrants, call

1800-009-623
or
+61-2-6264-1111

Old October 9th, 2007, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:17:24 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred
not to be insulted before I even got there.

He's a verbose transplanted yank according to his posts. So
any negative attitudes came with him. Come on out Janet, and
have a wonderful time:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old October 9th, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

Mel wrote:
I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred not
to be insulted before I even got there.

Janet,

Kangaroo purports to be from the States but has resided in Australia for
some years. Please don't judge the rest of us by his/her standard.

Frankly I think 'roo has an overinflated view of his/her opinions to the
extent that they are inflicted on others whether warranted or relevant. Or
else we have a troll on our hands.

Kill-file the imported wildlife in r.t.a-nz and enjoy your trip to
Australia.
Mel

Thanks, Mel. I'm really looking forward to it.

Old October 9th, 2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

kangaroo16 wrote:

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred not
to be insulted before I even got there.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Janet

I don't think you'll find individual attitudes expressed on usenet are
typical of the population at large in any country.
If the press I read is correct, there's one Texan who is not only unpopular
in this country, but is most unpopular at home as well.

I assume you refer to our former governor. g

Taking politics out of the equation, I believe you'll find the vast majority
of Australians themselves most welcoming toward American visitors, just as I
have found the vast majority of Americans themselves welcome Australians to
their country.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you.

Old October 9th, 2007, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

wrote:

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred
not to be insulted before I even got there.

He's a verbose transplanted yank according to his posts. So
any negative attitudes came with him. Come on out Janet, and
have a wonderful time:-)

I expect to. I can't believe its only a week and a half (and an
interminable plane flight) away. g

BTW, DH got his note from the Endo today so he can board the Australian
flights with his diabetes gear.

Old October 9th, 2007, 10:07 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:26:28 -0500,
.. wrote in
:

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 09:29:51 GMT, kangaroo16
wrote:
[msge snipped]

We probably couldn't even keep "Cath" from Texas out.
The "Cath" who posts from:
.

This is my name and the name which I have used in the past approx. 10
years of posting to Usenet.
Got a problem with that?

Why should I have a problem with it, as is useful referent.

Also the email address is valid if you remove the spam blockers.
People are able and do, email me.

Now why is it you hide behind a fake name and email address.
Got something to hide?

No, why should I? My ISP and many others know my identity.
In fact, my ISP urges subscribers to not reveal any more
information than necessary for Internet security reasons.

These seem obvious to many people, apparently they aren't to you.

However I don't propose to give reasons for this, let alone
examples of the undesirability of doing so.

You realize, or should realize, that there are a lot of people on
the net who delight in trying to cause irritation or real
problems for others.

However, if her behavior is typical "Texan" behavior,
perhaps we should take a closer look at immigrant applications
from Texas.

A lighthearted comment. Unfortunately, humour doesn't always
travel well on the net.

As stated on more than one occasion, I am a Kiwi.

Not in posts to me, but might explain a lot, actually! :-)

Got a problem with that too.

Cath

Ending the statement with a full stop or period could indicate
to most people who consider English as their "mother tongue" that
you have problems with your Kiwi ancestry, background, or
citizenship.

If you had ended the sentence with a question mark, you might
be asking if I had a problem with you being a Kiwi.

I don't. I have met a lot of Kiwis, have friends who are Kiwis.
I do have problems with your intolerance, but this is your own
personality, and has little or nothing to do with the fact that
you were apparently born in N.Z. and are now in Texas.

Cheers,
Kangaroo16

Old October 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:17:24 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote in
:

kangaroo16 wrote:

We probably couldn't even keep "Cath" from Texas out.
The "Cath" who posts from:
.

However, if her behavior is typical "Texan" behavior,
perhaps we should take a closer look at immigrant applications
from Texas.

As said to "Cath" in previous post, this was an attempt at humour
although humour doesn't always travel well on the Internet.
A "bit of a shot" at Cath.:-)

No doubt you have heard the story about the big Texan visiting
Australia who unexpectedly died in Australia. Way to big for
a standard coffin, and even a piano crate wasn't big enough.

The undertaker was desperate, contacted a colleague in the
USA. Was advised to let out the bull**** during the embalming
process.

He did this, and found that even a coffin now looked to
large. So he ended up burying the Texan in a cigar box. :-)

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred
not to be insulted before I even got there.

If you consider the joke as an insult towards Texans in general,
it wasn't intended as such. I think I can safely say that I
lived in Texas before you or Cath.

Depends on our respective ages, of course! :-)
I think that I am older than both of you.

Americans, and Texans, are welcome in Australia. I have
been here for decades, and have experienced very little overt
hostility, and never based on country of origin.

Unless you are unbearably aggressive by Aussie standards, you
shouldn't have any problems.

Broadly speaking, the U.K. society evaluates people by "class".
It is important what schools one has attended. U.S. society
values by wealth. Australian society usually values people by
their personal characteristics, and they don't give a damn what
country they came from or their financial status.

Cheers,
Kangaroo16

Old October 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 19:39:20 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote in
:

wrote:

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred
not to be insulted before I even got there.

He's a verbose transplanted yank according to his posts.

I cheerfully admit to this, and my posts are truthful.

So any negative attitudes came with him.

Having little use for overly aggressive people is a "negative
attitude"? Why should I dislike Americans or Texans, though?

Come on out Janet, and
have a wonderful time:-)

She should! Australia is a terrific country, or my wife and I
wouldn't have spent so many decades here.

I expect to. I can't believe its only a week and a half (and an
interminable plane flight) away. g

Well, then, Janet, you can report back to the group.

BTW, DH got his note from the Endo today so he can board the Australian
flights with his diabetes gear.

Very good! Pleased to hear it! One more hurdle overcome. I
didn't forsee any difficulties, but, believe me, they can occur.

Can a syringe be lethal? Of course. Depends what it is loaded
with.

Were I running an airline, I wouldn't ban syringes, if there was
a genuine medical need, but I would be concerned about how many
were taken aboard an aircraft, why, how they were disposed of
etc.

Is a rolled up newspaper a "deadly weapon"? It can be, but I am
not about to say just how. :-)

Cheers,
Kangaroo16