RESTROOM and TOILET DOOR SIGNS

Old June 9th, 2005, 01:37 PM

Default RESTROOM and TOILET DOOR SIGNS

Hi,

I'm a designer in London and I'm desperate for the toilet...signs you
see on doors for ladies and gents. Anything unusual, clever, different,

beautiful, ugly, odd, bad or bizarre is required. Or you may have
designed some.

If you send me either contact details or images you will get a credit
in the book (I have a publisher lined up and a
deadline!).

I will also need some idea of where the signs were is possible. The
images don't have to be amazingly good quality and the book is not that

large.

So if you have seen something, know where they are and if possible have

contact details, have a picture of them you can send me or have
designed some yourself and want them included, let me know (send an
e-mail to .

many thanks

Regards

Lee Newham

Old June 9th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address

I'm a designer in London and I'm desperate for the toilet...signs you
see on doors for ladies and gents. Anything unusual, clever, different,

My favourite is at the Mendelium in Brno (the genetics museum).

You can probably work out how a genetics museum might designate
them...

The Glasgow School of Art (designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh)
has its gents doors decorated with what appear to be stylized
stained glass ****s. CRM must have had an odd sense of humour.

I wonder how they label them in gender reassignment clinics?

Old June 10th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Icono Clast

Jazz at Pearl's, 256 Columbus Avenue (Telephone: 291-8255)

One door has a picture of Duke Ellington, the other Sarah Vaughan.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net
Old June 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Edmund Lewis

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
I'm a designer in London and I'm desperate for the toilet...signs you
see on doors for ladies and gents. Anything unusual, clever, different,

My favourite is at the Mendelium in Brno (the genetics museum).

You can probably work out how a genetics museum might designate
them...

Er.. XY and XX?

The Glasgow School of Art (designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh)
has its gents doors decorated with what appear to be stylized
stained glass ****s. CRM must have had an odd sense of humour.

The Blackie Boy pub in Newcastle has (or certainly had a couple of
years ago) DICK and FANNY written on the doors.

Seems to still be the case
http://www.theburglarsdog.co.uk/review.html?25

Edmund

Old June 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Edmund Lewis

Martin wrote:
On 10 Jun 2005 06:06:03 -0700, "Edmund Lewis"
wrote:

The Blackie Boy pub in Newcastle has (or certainly had a couple of
years ago) DICK and FANNY written on the doors.

and drawings of both on the walls? :-)

Not that I recall :-) but I shouldn't be surprised if the bog-wall
artists have been at work since my last visit!

Edmund

Old June 10th, 2005, 08:14 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm a designer in London and I'm desperate for the toilet...signs you
see on doors for ladies and gents. Anything unusual, clever, different,

beautiful, ugly, odd, bad or bizarre is required. Or you may have
designed some.

If you send me either contact details or images you will get a credit
in the book (I have a publisher lined up and a
deadline!).

I will also need some idea of where the signs were is possible. The
images don't have to be amazingly good quality and the book is not that

large.

So if you have seen something, know where they are and if possible have

contact details, have a picture of them you can send me or have
designed some yourself and want them included, let me know (send an
e-mail to .

have sent one set.

But also wanted to post this on the group as well.

Went to use the rest rooms in a Polish Resturant.

Ah, am I a triangle(inverted) or a circle? (both hollow)

I guessed right, but I've since forgotten which it was.

(I can see one justification either way for each)

Apparently, this is a common sign in the country. When I
commented my Polish (ex)colleagues said "don't you have
this sign in your country?", "Nope"

Tim

Old June 10th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Yesterday's News

I'm a designer in London and I'm desperate for the
toilet...signs you see on doors for ladies and gents.
Anything unusual, clever, different,

Let's see, I recall a [Stand] [Sit] option to identify one set of
restrooms. With a picture of a canine in the appropriate position.
Once in a seafood restaurant I was greated with [Oyster] [Clam] (I kid
you not). And I almost wet my pants before finally deciding on Oyster.
I mean, give me a frigging break here, what the heck were the
restaurant owner's thinking?