How do I?

Old July 28th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Adam Weiss

Default How do I?

Wondering about this.

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional jet
- an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - which I really like because I can
get one of the single seats and thus have both an aisle and a window
seat (best of both worlds). There are other benefits to these smaller
planes, too....

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?
Any other online place I can do it?

Old July 28th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Really Me

Adam Weiss wrote:
Wondering about this.

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional jet
- an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - which I really like because I can
get one of the single seats and thus have both an aisle and a window
seat (best of both worlds). There are other benefits to these smaller
planes, too....

I like the exit row single seat..plenty of legroom.

Old July 28th, 2004, 04:25 AM
John R. Levine

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional
jet - an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - [ and liked it ]

Well, it takes all types. Small types in this case.

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?

Most RJs are flown by regional affiliates of big airlines, so you book
them the same way you book mainline flights. Between IAH-IAD, for
example, the RJ's are on Continental's affiliate Express Jet, so you
book them like any other CO flight.

The major exception is Independence Air which just morphed from an
affiliate of UA and DL into a low-fair airline of its own mostly
flying RJs from IAD. See http://www.flyi.com.

Old July 28th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Blake S

"Adam Weiss" wrote in message
Wondering about this.

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional jet
- an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - which I really like because I can
get one of the single seats and thus have both an aisle and a window
seat (best of both worlds). There are other benefits to these smaller
planes, too....

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?
Any other online place I can do it?

You could use this one http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html

It doesn't search by aircraft type, but does show all of the aircraft types
that fly a certain route.

Old July 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM

Adam Weiss wrote:

Wondering about this.

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional jet
- an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - which I really like because I can
get one of the single seats and thus have both an aisle and a window
seat (best of both worlds). There are other benefits to these smaller
planes, too....

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?
Any other online place I can do it?

Look here. http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/

Gives you everything you want to know.

Yaz

Old July 28th, 2004, 03:48 PM
JA

"John R. Levine" wrote in message
I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional
jet - an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - [ and liked it ]

Well, it takes all types. Small types in this case.

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?

Most RJs are flown by regional affiliates of big airlines, so you book
them the same way you book mainline flights. Between IAH-IAD, for
example, the RJ's are on Continental's affiliate Express Jet, so you
book them like any other CO flight.

The major exception is Independence Air which just morphed from an
affiliate of UA and DL into a low-fair airline of its own mostly
flying RJs from IAD. See http://www.flyi.com.

Independence only flys CRJ's... 2-2. ERJ13X/14X have the 2-1

Old July 29th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Yaofeng

Adam Weiss wrote in message ...
Wondering about this.

I flew Houston IAH to Washington IAD and it was on a small regional jet
- an Embraer jet with 3 seats across - which I really like because I can
get one of the single seats and thus have both an aisle and a window
seat (best of both worlds). There are other benefits to these smaller
planes, too....

So the question is, how would I go about finding flights that use these
planes and these planes only? Is there any way to do it with Orbitz?
Any other online place I can do it?

If you're in a Cessna, you may get a seat with both windows and the
aisle in fornt of you. Even better, you get all the view you want.
It won't fly more than a few thousand feet above ground. But flight
usually won't last more than an hour.