HAL'S NEW NOORAM

Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default HAL'S NEW NOORAM

WE just got an e-mail from hal for transatlantic big band cruise,it is a
very good offer,but when we pulled up the cabins,they seem very
small,and on the inside,which we like,there is no way you could see
t.v.from lying on your bed.The cabins are not laid out nice at all,even
the suites do not have much leg room.No space to walk around in the
cabin,and it looks like 2 people could never get dressed together in the
same cabin at the same time.
Guess we will for-go the NOORDAM,not as nice as the old NOORDAM, that we
really liked.
surfer e2468

(.a cruise lover.)

Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I have friends booked on that cruise, Sep29 westbound, I believe, and
I've been considering it.

Pocomont, did you get the square footage of the cabins? Photos of cabins
can be very deceiving.

Cheers,
Daniel

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 8:58pm (PST+3) From:
(Surfer*E2468)

Old February 23rd, 2006, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Surfer E2468 wrote:
WE just got an e-mail from hal for transatlantic big band cruise,it is a
very good offer,but when we pulled up the cabins,they seem very
small,and on the inside,which we like,there is no way you could see
t.v.from lying on your bed.The cabins are not laid out nice at all,even
the suites do not have much leg room.No space to walk around in the
cabin,and it looks like 2 people could never get dressed together in the
same cabin at the same time.
Guess we will for-go the NOORDAM,not as nice as the old NOORDAM, that we
really liked.
surfer e2468

(.a cruise lover.)

It looks like the inside cabins on the noordam are 185 sq ft. That's
pretty big as far as inside cabins go.

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Bill C :

Surfer E2468 wrote:
WE just got an e-mail from hal for transatlantic big band cruise,it is a
very good offer,but when we pulled up the cabins,they seem very
small,and on the inside,which we like,there is no way you could see
t.v.from lying on your bed.The cabins are not laid out nice at all,even
the suites do not have much leg room.No space to walk around in the
cabin,and it looks like 2 people could never get dressed together in the
same cabin at the same time.
Guess we will for-go the NOORDAM,not as nice as the old NOORDAM, that we
really liked.
surfer e2468

(.a cruise lover.)

It looks like the inside cabins on the noordam are 185 sq ft. That's
pretty big as far as inside cabins go.

Bill

Carnival's are considered "huge" at 195. I've seen more than a few
RCI in the 175 range. And smaller.

Of course, there's a difference between either of those two lines and
HAL. A little disappointing.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 25th, 2006, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Surfer E2468 wrote:
If carnivals cabins are considered huge,then someone is dreaming,we were
on the LIBERTY,and the cabins were pretty small,and the outside cabins
were not much larger.Thought the cabins on VEENDAM,And the old
NOORDAM,and old VOLENDAM were much larger than carnival.

(.a cruise lover.)

according to Travelocity Carnival Libertys inside staterooms are 185 sq ft.
The Veendams inside cabins are listed as 182 sq. ft.

Bill