What's going on

Old July 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nobody

Default What's going on

I am surprised to see that the price for a cruise on Cunard's Queen Victoria
in grill is so high given that there is a credit crunch on.

I used to be able to get queens grill on a 14/16 day lateish deal Med cruise
for around £3,000 each, not only is it now more expensive but it is sold
out.

Will this alter when Cunard have three ships again?

Thank you

Old July 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:29:03 +0100, "Nobody" wrote:

I am surprised to see that the price for a cruise on Cunard's Queen Victoria
in grill is so high given that there is a credit crunch on.

I used to be able to get queens grill on a 14/16 day lateish deal Med cruise
for around £3,000 each, not only is it now more expensive but it is sold
out.

Hi,

I think you answered your own question. Cruising remains very popular
and the British are leading the demand. The UK is one of the fastest,
if not the fastest, growing cruise markets. I know my bookings from
the UK are up significantly each year over the prior year.

Will this alter when Cunard have three ships again?

It should help the supply side of the equation but the new ship sold
out her inaugural within a few minutes of becoming available.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:40:49 -0700, Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

[...]

Another factor on the Grill issue is that Victoria is considered by
many to be a Grill favored ship. There isproportionately more private
area for Grill passengers than on the Queen Mary 2 for instance. I
have heard some grumbling that non Grill passengers find the
experience more prominent - ie on QM2 one knows of the Grill but does
not run into it as a barrier, whereas on Victoria one is aware of the
difference.

Hope that makes sense.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Joseph Coulter :

wrote:

[...]

Third factor. The rich are different than the rest of us. Most don't
rely on credit. Most house sales over about $2M here in Austin seem
to be cash sales.

--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Jimmy, I'm sorry your girlfriend turned out
to be a cylon."
-Special Agent Tim McGee, "NCIS"
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 09:01:38 -0500, Dillon Pyron
wrote:

Third factor. The rich are different than the rest of us. Most don't
rely on credit. Most house sales over about $2M here in Austin seem
to be cash sales.

Hi Dillon,

All folks that sail on world cruises are not, who most of us, would
call "rich". FWIW, my clients pay the charge card off within the
month it is billed. They are enjoying the fruits of their life-long
labors.
Best regards,
Ray Goldenberg
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/lighthousetravl
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ray.goldenberg
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

All folks that sail on world cruises are not, who most of us, would
call "rich". FWIW, my clients pay the charge card off within the
month it is billed. They are enjoying the fruits of their life-long
labors.

Glad you continue to ignore the people who claim you post only press
releases.

Anyhow I agree with you that being a Grill passenger or taking a world
cruise does not mean those passengers who book those are "rich". Many
save hard earned money to take a world cruise, book a suite or grill
class.

--
Charles
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NomenNeisco

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Ray Goldenberg
Lighthouse Travel
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.l.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/
Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/

now that the 4 line rule has gone out the window, can we finally call a
spade a spade and Ray a spammer?
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

wrote:

Third factor. The rich are different than the rest of us. Most don't
rely on credit. Most house sales over about $2M here in Austin seem
to be cash sales.

Hi Dillon,

All folks that sail on world cruises are not, who most of us, would
call "rich". FWIW, my clients pay the charge card off within the
month it is billed. They are enjoying the fruits of their life-long
labors.

We do. We own our house outright. We pay cash for our cars. As you
said, our "debt" consists of whatever we put on the cards last month.

The difference is that we really can't see the "value proposition" in
the Grill. But on the Victoria, this might be more compelling as the
"value" appears to be there.

But many of us here are, according to the view of most Americans,
"rich". We talking with our financial advisor last week and one of
her comments was interesting. I expressed some concern about our
ability to retire and she said "Dillon, the average 50 year old in the
US is worth about $15,000. The average 40 year old is in debt and the
average 30 year old doesn't understand net worth."

Old August 21st, 2009, 05:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Charles :

In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

All folks that sail on world cruises are not, who most of us, would
call "rich". FWIW, my clients pay the charge card off within the
month it is billed. They are enjoying the fruits of their life-long
labors.

Glad you continue to ignore the people who claim you post only press
releases.

Anyhow I agree with you that being a Grill passenger or taking a world
cruise does not mean those passengers who book those are "rich". Many
save hard earned money to take a world cruise, book a suite or grill
class.

I agree with this specific statement. And, as you'll see from my
reply to Ray, the value of the Grill is significantly greater on the
Victoria.

But I'll also point out that very few Americans actually take any sort
of cruise. For many, a trip to Disney World is even out of the
question. I'll say the same thing here that I've said in the Disney
parks NG (radp). "We're freaks. Most people who actually go will go
between one and three times. Once as a kid, once as a parent and once
as a grandparent. There are people here who will go three times this
year. I've only been there 16 times."