Discovering New Orleans Post-Katrina!

Old February 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Discovering New Orleans Post-Katrina!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Swan Hellenic and thought it would
be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

SWAN HELLENIC: DISCOVERING NEW ORLEANS POST-KATRINA

Award-Winning Swan Hellenic Discovery Cruises, is amongst the first
cruise companies to confirm their visit to the port of New Orleans
following Hurricane Katrina and is honoured to be hosting the Mayor of
New Orleans, Ray Nagin on board to mark the ship's arrival to the
city.

Having played an instrumental role in the recovery of the city, Mayor
Ray Nagin is scheduled to give a talk about his experiences.
Complementing Swan Hellenic's existing Guest Speaker programme, Ray
Nagin will give Swan's passengers an insight and understanding of the
city and its surroundings in the context of its regeneration.

Tony Dyson, Managing Director of Swan Hellenic, comments:
"We are very much looking forward to our call into New Orleans in
February and supporting the city on its path to recovery. We are
working closely with our local agents to ensure we operate our
excursions programme and delighted to be welcoming Mayor Ray Nagin
aboard Minerva II."

Docking in New Orleans on the 22 February 2006, Minerva II's arrival
coincides with the 150th anniversary celebrations of the annual Mardi
Gras. Although on a slightly smaller scale than usual, the 2006 Mardi
Gras will begin on 23rd February and run through until Tuesday
February 28th with 30 of the 34 parades organised last year still set
to take part in the festival.

New Orleans is the first port of call on Swan Hellenic's two week
'Isles of the Deep' cruise, which runs from 23 February until 10 March
2006 through the Caribbean. It will visit Progreso for the ancient
Mayan ruins, George Town, Port Antonio, Guarano Bay, Willemstad, La
Guaira for Caracas, El Guamache, Port of Spain and Bridgetown.

Old February 25th, 2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

New Orleans was...is...and will probably always be at two-bit slum of a
town, currently run by a racist pig of a mayor bent on further dividing his
city, driving it deeper into debt, and blaming everybody else for it.

If you want to go there, go for it. But don't ask me to pay for the blight
called New Orleans.