How many countries?

Old December 12th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Default How many countries?

GENIUS.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:03:35 -0800, "Peter L"
wrote:

TROLL.

"Barbara Wegmann" wrote in message
My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use them to

spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we possibly can in 5

days.
Friends have told us the countries are pretty small and you can do them

quickly.
So we plan to take a train from London to like Athens or the farthest

point we
can and just see each country as we go by. I don't care to see anything

in
particular, to tell you the truth I prefer to vacation in Orlando or

Anaheim,
and after the way Europeans turned against us and our great President

earlier
this year I would just as soon not spend any money there and help out

their
economies with our dollars, but my husband really wants to use the free

tickets
and if we take a long train ride across a lot of countries and take

pictures
along the way then at least we can tell our friends back home we've been

there
done that. Does any have any idea what's the most countries we can see in

5
days and which would be the best trains to take to pack in the most

countries?

Thanks,

Barbara W.

Old December 12th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Charles Hawtrey

Jenn staggered to the nearest keyboard and wrote:

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

"Barbara Wegmann" wrote in message
My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use them to

spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we possibly can in 5

days.
This is a troll right?
On the slim chance it isn't, don't come here.

not only an obvious troll -- but I'm guessing, not even an American troll

Based on what I can deduce from the headers, apparently Canadian.

--
hambu n hambu hodo
Old December 12th, 2003, 01:55 AM
John Bermont

Barbara Wegmann wrote:
[...]

Barbara,

For only five days just stay in London. Bush's friends, if any, are
right there.

John Bermont
* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/

Old December 12th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

GENIUS

and what an embarassing thread

Old December 12th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Cheche

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:07:46 -0800, Barbara Wegmann wrote:

[...]

Take train to Bagdad, stay there and start a troll school.

Adiós,

Cheche
Old December 12th, 2003, 05:39 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Ken Blake wrote:

In news:ckmhtvcd5136pq3b1dmu8bnp3dseautkkr@news,
Barbara Wegmann typed:

My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use

them to
spend a week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we
possibly can in 5 days.

Great! If you plan well and really hustle, you can probably
squeeze in 15-20. Have a wonderful trip!

"See" as in "fly over", I presume? (But at those speeds and altitudes,
there's very little to distinguish them, visually.)

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old December 12th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Chris Blunt

wrote:

[...]

If you've already got tickets to London but don't want to spent time
in those European countries that didn't support your war, then why not
just stay in the UK?

Old December 12th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Traveller

[...]

Are you trolling or just plain dumb? Actually, reading the OP through
again... it's a troll. Why did I bother?

Old December 12th, 2003, 09:31 AM
nobody

You could take Eurostar from London to Brussels, The train passes through France.
Then, from there, catch another train to Amsterdam, adding Netherlands, then,
another train to Germany, Then to Switzerland, then to Italy.

Or, if you want a real experience, you can take the Orient Express from london
to Venice (or Rome). Travels through France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and
Italy. However, judging from your comments about Europe, you are probably not
suited to travel on the Orient Express. (It still runs to Istanbul a few times
a year)

Or you could simply take train or plane to Nice, then a train to Monte-Carlo,
then to Italy, then to Switzerland and then back to France.

As far as the countries you dislike, you will eventually come to thank them
and appreciate that they were the voice of reason and apologize for having
insulted them once you realise they were the sole opposition because your own
internal parties were asleep at the switch and did not react to your lying government.
Old December 12th, 2003, 09:52 AM
szozu

"Sĺndor, the Gypsy Baron" wrote in message
Hello Barbara

Save train fare, You can easily walk through Europe in 5 days, the
hiking trails are great.

And I think Ekaterinburg would be a good starting point.

Lana