Trans-Atlantic crossing questions

Old October 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Paul Johnson

Default Trans-Atlantic crossing questions

We are booked on Oceania Insignia for its trans-Atlantic crossing starting
November 13. The information we have received hasn't told us anything about
temperatures we can expect and such. Should we carry coats, sweaters,
shorts, all or the above or none? We travel from Washington Dulles to Paris
to Lisbon. The ship stops in Funchal (Madeira Islands) and St. Lucia before
ending at Bridgetown, Barbados where we will fly to Miami to Atlanta to
Dulles.
Thanks,
Paul Johnson

Old October 26th, 2004, 11:14 PM
George

Paul Johnson wrote:
We are booked on Oceania Insignia for its trans-Atlantic crossing starting
November 13. The information we have received hasn't told us anything about
temperatures we can expect and such. Should we carry coats, sweaters,
shorts, all or the above or none? We travel from Washington Dulles to Paris
to Lisbon. The ship stops in Funchal (Madeira Islands) and St. Lucia before
ending at Bridgetown, Barbados where we will fly to Miami to Atlanta to
Dulles.
Thanks,
Paul Johnson

We've done several late fall crossings. Lisbon will be just a light
jacket type weather but if its a bright sunny day (like one of ours)
you'll be wishing for your shorts if you're like me (a hot person).

The 1st day or so at sea may also not be short type weather, but if your
destination is Barbados, the ship will head south before the bulk of the
crossing and the majority of your trip should be just lovely.

George