When bored

Old May 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

Default When bored

Nonnymus wrote:
Most guys I know carry their wallets until they have virtually rotted
away. I admit being like that, but eventually it's time to inaugurate a
new one. For some reason, I've never been able to get an identical
replacement for my favorite style, but I lucked out and came very close.
Today, it was "wallet switching day," here at the Nonnyhouse. The
switchover was successful and I even updated photos of the kids from
high school ones to now include the grandkids. Yup- it's been that long.

Well, I now look forward to my reward for having switched billfolds. If
I have as much fun and success as the last time, it'll make everything
worthwhile. For those of you who might be equally entertained by my
ritual, here's what to do:

Cut a corner off of a piece of currency. When I first started doing
this, I used a $5, but now a $100 is more entertaining. Just cut enough
that it can be seen "sticking out" of the wallet, but not enough that
the balance of the bill cannot be used or exchanged. Glue or tape will
hold the removed corner in place. Add paper to the old wallet so that
it appears fairly full.

Now, drive to a busy area and park your car. I prefer beside a
crosswalk, but let your own circumstances dictate where you park. The
important point is that the tires must be visible from where people
walk. Back the car up about a foot and place the old wallet on the
pavement. Pull the car forward until it is on top the wallet and the
piece of currency is visible.

Now, go and wait for people to spot the "lost wallet" and see what they
do trying to get it. Stay close and be ready to yell at the most
ambitious folks who will attempt to roll your auto back or lift if off
the wallet.

For any of you who might capture a snake, placing the snake in an old
purse and leaving it curbside, in front of a store or "forgotten" on the
back of a chair is equally entertaining.

Nonny

This made me laugh. Excuse me...........I meant LOL
Clay
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_3_]

--
---Nonnymus---
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
[...]

For an old fart, you are a fun guy!!!

Old May 13th, 2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Stephan in Burlington wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2007 16:12:41 -0700, while the Captain of the mv
Perfecto was guiding her to her next port, Nonnymus
wrote:

Now, go and wait for people to spot the "lost wallet" and see what they
do trying to get it. Stay close and be ready to yell at the most
ambitious folks who will attempt to roll your auto back or lift if off
the wallet.

Ya know, you kinda remind me of a guy from North Carolina that I met
once on Celebrity cruise.....

Stephan in Burlington

I remember the one you mean. He was a hoot! Perhaps still is.

Ermalee
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

Rog' wrote:

I don't find amusement at other people's expense to be amusing.

I smell bull****.
Clay
Old May 13th, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Naughty Nonny

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Nonnymus wrote:
[...]

You just dated yourself! They did this on Candid Camera WAY back in the
days of B&W!!

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_3_]

He sounds like one heck of a great guy!

Nonny

wrote:

Now, go and wait for people to spot the "lost wallet" and see what they
do trying to get it. Stay close and be ready to yell at the most
ambitious folks who will attempt to roll your auto back or lift if off
the wallet.

Ya know, you kinda remind me of a guy from North Carolina that I met
once on Celebrity cruise.....

Stephan in Burlington

"I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof?
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's
proven." - Jean Cretien, former Prime Minister of Canada

Old May 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_3_]

Wow, I thought that it was an original invention of mine. I loved to
watch Allen Funk's Candid Camera and perhaps saw the trick.

Another old favorite came from when I worked at a large company that
sold "give-aways" for its agents to give customers and prospects. I
immediately latched onto glass "diamond" stick pins. They looked
amazingly like a diamond. They cost me about $.03, as I recall, and I
would buy them by the gross. My father and uncle loved them as well.
Dad's favorite thing to do when dragged shopping by Mom was to put a few
into his pocket. He'd then hang out by a jewelry store, as Mom shopped,
and flip one into the store, leave one on the counter or drop it by the
store's entrance. Watching the reaction of people and how frequently
they'd pocket it amazed him.

Nonny

Old May 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rog'

"Nonnymus" wrote:
Wow, I thought that it was an original invention of mine. I loved
to watch Allen Funk's Candid Camera and perhaps saw the trick.

Another old favorite came from when I worked at a large company
that sold "give-aways" for its agents to give customers and prospects.
I immediately latched onto glass "diamond" stick pins. They looked
amazingly like a diamond. They cost me about $.03, as I recall, and
I would buy them by the gross. My father and uncle loved them as
well. Dad's favorite thing to do when dragged shopping by Mom
was to put a few into his pocket. He'd then hang out by a jewelry
store, as Mom shopped, and flip one into the store, leave one on the
counter or drop it by the store's entrance. Watching the reaction of
people and how frequently they'd pocket it amazed him.

It occurs to me that you must have too much time on your hands.
I don't find amusement at other people's expense to be amusing.
Guess that makes me an old grumpus, but Shirley, you could find
some more productive liesure activity, like building birdhouses? :-/