Royal Caribbean Honored for Environmental Achievements!

Old April 22nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Royal Caribbean Honored for Environmental Achievements!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Honored for Environmental Achievements

MIAMI, Apr 22, 2004
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. was honored today by the American Academy
of Environmental Engineers for the development and implementation of
the cruise industry's first comprehensive ISO 14001-certified
environmental management system and environmental officer- training
program.

The Academy presented its 2004 Excellence in Environmental Engineering
Competition grand award in the small projects category to
representatives of Royal Caribbean and CDM, a global environmental
consulting, engineering, and construction firm that assisted Royal
Caribbean in its environmental efforts.

"It is very gratifying to receive this recognition from such a
knowledgeable and experienced group of environmental professionals,"
said William Wright, senior vice president of Safety and Environment
for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "I am very proud of, and thankful
for, all of our employees who do so much to help our company
continually improve our stewardship of the world's oceans."

Assisted by CDM, Royal Caribbean developed a sustainable environmental
management system that reduced shipboard waste and its impact on the
environment. The system includes comprehensive monitoring of ongoing
shipboard operations, technical advancements, and fleetwide changes to
waste- management programs.

Royal Caribbean's environmental management system is supported by its
environmental officer training, which reinforces best management
practices, going above and beyond regulatory compliance,
organizational improvements, treatment processes, and critical record
keeping procedures.

Royal Caribbean's environmental officers are responsible for all
solid, hazardous, and chemical waste management onboard their vessels.
Their training empowers them to successfully administer the company's
environmental management system. Environmental officers also train
crew members in environmental management practices, perform ongoing
inspections, serve as advisors to shipboard management, and act as
vital links to the company's shoreside departments.

CDM is a full-service, global consulting, engineering, construction,
and operations firm helping public and private clients improve the
environment and their infrastructure. Additional information can be
found on www.cdm.com.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that
operates Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, with a
combined total of 29 ships in service and one under construction. The
company also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Canada and
Europe. Additional information can be found by contacting your travel
professional.