DIAMOND PRINCESS

Old September 5th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Jerry GaMarsh

Default DIAMOND PRINCESS

We are booked on the Diamond Princess and have been hearing some
unflattering input about the ship and especially the freestyle dining.
Anyone have any input on this?

Jerry in NJ

Old September 5th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jerry GaMarsh wrote:
We are booked on the Diamond Princess and have been hearing some
unflattering input about the ship and especially the freestyle dining.
Anyone have any input on this?

Freestyle dining is NCL, not Princess. On Princess you have a choice
of traditional dining or personal choice dining. PC dining is similar
to freestyle, but I understand there are differences.

sue
Old September 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
How B

Jerry GaMarsh wrote:
We are booked on the Diamond Princess and have been hearing some
unflattering input about the ship and especially the freestyle dining.
Anyone have any input on this?

Hi Jerry,

I've cruised twice on the Diamond in the last 12 months. Personal
Choice dining is no problem unless you are a very strict traditionalist
who must eat at the same time every night. As long as you're aware that
you should make reservations as soon as possible... they take
reservations for same day and next day dining. Reserve early, or face
the possibility of long waits during peak dining hours.

Service-as on any cruise-can vary from waiter to waiter and cruise to
cruise. "Greasing the palm" of the maitre d' in one of the P.C. dining
rooms is useful--it got us the same nice table, with a great waiter, for
every night of our cruise.

How B

Old September 5th, 2005, 11:48 PM

A couple of months ago, the dining choices changed on the Diamond.
Throw away any review on the dining choices older than 60 days.

Instead of the main traditional room and the four themed PC rooms,
their web site now reads "Multiple main dining rooms featuring
Princess' unique Personal Choice Dining options".

I can only assume they have ditched the different menus and have
correctly reverted to one menu per day for the main rooms.

Old September 6th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Paul

In article ,
Jerry GaMarsh wrote:

We are booked on the Diamond Princess and have been hearing some
unflattering input about the ship and especially the freestyle dining.
Anyone have any input on this?

The Anytime Dining on the Princess ships works well. It's not for all,
and it's not for large groups (say, more than six). Large groups should
go traditional dining.

Just show up, anytime, and get a table. You can choose to sit with
others, or sit alone. Some post horror stories about long waits, on our
one Princess cruise we never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes for a table.

Some will tell you to make reservations. Go ahead, you've changed
Anytime Dining to traditional. The beauty of Anytime Dining is you eat
at anytime, with more than one venue to choose from. If you want to eat
at the same time every night just go with traditional dining.