Advice on Munich?

Old March 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
james

Default Advice on Munich?

Sorry and MANY apologies for the late reply!! I appreciate the
feedback and info. I've studied maps of Munich so I'm more comfy
now navigating the city, but it's always a surprise arriving, which
makes half the fun

Thanks again - I appreciate it!

james www.futuregringo.com

On Feb 26, 12:54 pm, "james" wrote:
I'm headed to Munich and Prague in May for 15 days. After 3-4 days in
Munich and Prague we'll meander through the countryside of the Czech
Republic - perhaps see the university town Brno. Perhaps end up in the
Slovokian capital of Bratislava. If time permits we'll visit Budapest
or Vienna, but we plan on taking our time, so seeing a third large
city isn't a must.

I feel like I've absorbed a lot on Prague (neigbhorhoods, where to
eat, where not too, metro/streetcar lines, etc), but I still seem a
bit blank on Munich. I know it's more than beer. Also would
Neuschwanstein be a good daytrip? Or is this way too crowded.http://www.neuschwanstein.com/english/

My interests? In addition to seeing museums and architecture I like
basing myself in regular neighborhoods away from the city center. I
can usually find cheaper restaurants, (coffee by day, beer by night).
I love trains, transit, and infrastructure. I'd also LOVE to any
suggestions for an English speaking walking tour in Munich. Any
nightlife ideas for small clubs or dive bars, gay or straight, is
welcome. Also simple logistical tips, i.e. subway cards, bus routes,
train travel, etc.

Anyway done a similar route? Know a restaurant or a coffee shop in a
great neighborhood you really liked? A bar or club that made your
trip? I'd really appreciate it! In addition to stocking up on maps and
books from the library, I've also been perusing and researching these
sites.

www.czechtourism.comwww.prague.cz
wikitravel.org/en/Munich
wikitravel.org/en/Bavaria