Celebrity Offers Travel Agents Free Measles Vaccination On EquinoxPre Maiden Voyage!

Old July 19th, 2009, 07:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Default Celebrity Offers Travel Agents Free Measles Vaccination On EquinoxPre Maiden Voyage!

To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/USA Today and
thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=68494750.blog
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

John Sisker wrote:

"peter" wrote in message
To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/USA Today
and thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=68494750.blog

Nice lead-in. Now, if only you were a travel agent, then you would be
allowed to include your signature line as well.

John

Well uh Sissie, I am allowed to include anything I want to include. And,
just like you, I am a travel agent, at least judged by your standards.
My sales volume is about $45,000 p.a. Just like in your case it consists
exclusively of cruises I book for my wife and myself. Unlike you, I am
not interested in other people's business and therefore I don't need to
lower myself to spamming like you do. Too bad you weren't on the Equinox.
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:17:43 +0200, peter
wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/USA Today and
thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=68494750.blog

They're offering immunizations to crew members, not to travel agents.

This implies that crew members are not ordinarily required to be
immunized against common infectious diseases. That is not a good
thing, in my opinion.

Old July 19th, 2009, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

John Sisker wrote:
"peter" wrote in message

Well uh Sissie, I am allowed to include anything I want to include.
And, just like you, I am a travel agent, at least judged by your
standards. My sales volume is about $45,000 p.a. Just like in your
case it consists exclusively of cruises I book for my wife and myself.
Unlike you, I am not interested in other people's business and
therefore I don't need to lower myself to spamming like you do. Too
bad you weren't on the Equinox.

Sissie? At least you could have been more creative in your insult -
you're lack of originality is getting pretty old.

But far more important, you're now telling us that you are indeed a
travel agent, but only book cruises for yourself, not the general
public. Yet, you apparently earn a commission anyway? Naturally, the
general public is free to book a cruise on their own with a cruise line,
but they certainly won't be earning a commission on top of that as well.
For example, I have also earned commissions on cruises we have booked
for ourselves, but far, far less that your $45,000. On the other hand,
we have earned a lot more than that in booking the general public.
That's what a travel agent is all about, not the means to ignore the
general public altogether while getting a commission on cruise that they
book for just themselves.

John

You really are ignorant, aren't you? Try to understand the difference
between "sales" and "commission", dumbo.
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/USA Today and
thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=68494750.blog

They're offering immunizations to crew members, not to travel agents.

This implies that crew members are not ordinarily required to be
immunized against common infectious diseases. That is not a good
thing, in my opinion.

The immunization was offered to 2100 people (both crew and passengers,
which were all travel agents) but apparently only 3 accepted as they had
not had the vaccine before or weren't sure. If that's correct your
concern is still appropriate.

http://tinyurl.com/l252sv
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/USA Today and
thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=68494750.blog

They're offering immunizations to crew members, not to travel agents.

This implies that crew members are not ordinarily required to be
immunized against common infectious diseases. That is not a good
thing, in my opinion.

The immunization was offered to 2100 people (both crew and passengers,
which were all travel agents)

That must have come from a different article, not the one whose URL is
shown above - it says only that "the company has ordered 1,000 doses
of measles vaccine for the ship's crew". Nothing about travel agents.
I hope most travel agents are current on their vaccinations as well,
since they are in frequent contact with the public.

but apparently only 3 accepted as they had
not had the vaccine before or weren't sure. If that's correct your
concern is still appropriate.

http://tinyurl.com/l252sv

This article does mention passengers.

Three out of several thousand - at least that's few enough that the
ship as a whole would have herd immunity.

Old July 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"peter" wrote in message
Well uh Sissie, I am allowed to include anything I want to include. And,
just like you, I am a travel agent, at least judged by your standards. My
sales volume is about $45,000 p.a. Just like in your case it consists
exclusively of cruises I book for my wife and myself.

That almost sounds like one of those card mill companies that RCI/Celebrity
were trying to get away from. People pretending to be agents just to get
agent rates without doing any other volume. Without more details it's hard
to say.

--Tom