Cheap fligft from Europe to India?

Old October 27th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Heikki K. Lindfors

Default Cheap fligft from Europe to India?

Thanks Ben for you advice! Well, I'm looking forword to find a cheap site
for booking the flight to India (New Delhi). Our departure in in November
and return flight maybe in March.

Do you have sites for BIMAN? and Aeroflot? Or does somebody have some other
sites for flight booking?

Heikki L.

Ben wrote:
cheaper airlines are BIMAN (expect a long detour) & Aeroflot
I've been lucky with Swiss, Austrian airlines and British Airways
previously..
all depends on when you want to leave and how many stops you make
(airport tax)
Important is the period you'd like to go.. xmas holidays is the most
expensive..
otherwise a travel agent would still be the place to start, i think.
Note: i've noticed cheaper flights are more likely when booking later
(1 month in advance)

"Heikki K. Lindfors" wrote in message
Does anyone know where to book cheapest flights from Europe to India?
For example return Cobenhagen - New Delhi? Other departure points
could be Tallinn, Stockholm, Helsinki, Hamburg or other airports in
Northern Europe.

Heikki Lindfors

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Ben

yes, and if you don't, you might have to pay some unexpected taxes which are
usually automatically included when booking from ur own country..
"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
"Heikki K. Lindfors" writes:

Thanks Ben for you advice! Well, I'm looking forword to find a cheap

site
for booking the flight to India (New Delhi). Our departure in in

November
and return flight maybe in March.

Do you have sites for BIMAN? and Aeroflot? Or does somebody have some

other
sites for flight booking?

Book in your country of origin. This is usually always the cheapest.

Old October 28th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Ben

Hi Heiki,

I don't know if they have a website of their own (shd be around, somewhere),
usually i try with one of the sites that query Galileo (the system used by
the travel agents) and when i find some flight, i still go to the TA ask ask
for this.
usually they can offer at a cheaper rate still, and they have more options
for shifting dates, airports etc..
in my experience, the biggest problem is usually finding a seat on a flight
to the airport that flies directly to ur destination.
eg. when i leave from Brussels i need to go to London, Zurich, Paris,
Munchen, Vienna, Amsterdam, .. first.
Those flights are usually the ones that get booked faster but often they
offer to swap that first flight into a trainticket (if it's not that far
away) which works just as well..
one last thing: if you have a choice, the price difference usually doesn't
make up for the bad timings, service & food and long stopover waits you
usually have to deal with on those cheaper airlines, but that's just my
opinion.
eg. BIMAN, leaving from brussels will mean that ur almost 2 days underway,
for a 15hr flight.
I'm flying British Airways whenever i can (and they're usually inexpensive
too)

I'll be going in jan-feb to south & east india, see you there!

Ben

PS: some belgian sites i use: www.connections.be and http://www.airstop.be
(both have an english version)