Need help on Maine trip in Mid October

Old September 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
travel finder

Default Need help on Maine trip in Mid October

My family (with 2 kids) are planning to go Maine in Mid October Friday
~ Sunday (10/17~10/19). By looking at the flight schedule, we will
flying into Portland Airport at ~ noon and flying out at ~ 5 pm.

I have few questions:

- Is it possible to do "whale watching" in October? If yes, where do
we need to go?
- Where are the best/recommended scenic spots/roads for fall
foliage? I am not a road warrior, so I prefer the spots/roads in 2
hours or 2 hours and half range by car.
- My kids love lobsters. Any recommendations on the lobster
restaurants/places to eat plenty at less $?
- Lastly, are there scenic lighthouses near Portland?

thx so much for your tips in advance.