Killfile

Old March 24th, 2009, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BD

Default Killfile

I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks killfiled
Sisker and Goldenberg???

Old March 25th, 2009, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:39:50 GMT, "BD" wrote:

I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks killfiled
Sisker and Goldenberg???

I don't have either one killfiled. I would guess that neither is
killfiled in great numbers, judging by the number or responses they
get. There are people who claim to have done it to one or the other,
but then they respond to one of John or Ray's postings.

Old March 25th, 2009, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

Jack

I have had John Sisker in my killfile pretty much since he arrived here, yet
I see FAR too many of his posts since there are so many people who are not
in my killfile that quote him here.

Can't killfile everyone and still get those posts that interest me.

I do enjoy many of Ray's postings, others I just ignore.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
Jack

I have had John Sisker in my killfile pretty much since he arrived here,
yet I see FAR too many of his posts since there are so many people who are
not in my killfile that quote him here.

Can't killfile everyone and still get those posts that interest me.

I do enjoy many of Ray's postings, others I just ignore.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Me too, Tobie. And as you already pointed out, I still see some posts of
people I have killfiled when they are quoted in other's posts. At least it
is not that often. Ray has been here since I came many years ago so I skim
through his posts if something interesting catches my eye.

--Jean---Glad that Tobie is doing the "Docs Dance" for Alaska today! ;-)

Old March 27th, 2009, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

"BD" wrote in message
I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks killfiled
Sisker and Goldenberg???

This is most interesting... a self proclaimed lurker, yet who identifies
themselves and then participates in this newsgroup anyway, only to purposely
stir the pot, while identifying me out individually. While many have already
questioned the integrity of those who claim to have some of us in their kill
file, yet they respond to just about everything we post and say anyway, that
is now superseded by this totally useless post, which certainly appears as
nothing more than an attempted setup. While I have been trying to keep a low
profile in this reference, seeing no need to respond to every innuendo and
speculation, this was just too stupid to let slide.

John

Old March 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/24/2009 6:39 PM BD "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks killfiled
Sisker and Goldenberg???

I got both of them in my killfile along with that Russian lady who has
all these e-mail brides looking to get married, all those nike spam and
the other internet flotsam and jetsam.

But I gotta get some shut-eye. Later on today I'm taking some students
on a "Photo Safari" to a location along the Jersey Shore. The subject
matter will not include the usual off-season beach pictures. I am
assigning them to create something surreal or abstract from something
you see at the shore but take for granted.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

John Sisker wrote:

"BD" wrote in message
I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks
killfiled Sisker and Goldenberg???

This is most interesting... a self proclaimed lurker, yet who identifies
themselves and then participates in this newsgroup anyway, only to
purposely stir the pot, while identifying me out individually. While
many have already questioned the integrity of those who claim to have
some of us in their kill file, yet they respond to just about everything
we post and say anyway, that is now superseded by this totally useless
post, which certainly appears as nothing more than an attempted setup.
While I have been trying to keep a low profile in this reference, seeing
no need to respond to every innuendo and speculation, this was just too
stupid to let slide.

John

John, I love ya, but you have NO CLUE as to what low profile means.
Notice Ray NEVER responds to attacks? That's low profile. Get it?

N E V E R

Right or wrong, that's low profile.

As an aside, I enjoy your posts that have questions and personal
thoughts as opposed to your Ray advertising clones.

Clay

Old March 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Brian K wrote:
On 3/24/2009 6:39 PM BD "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
I am a lurker on this site, I post infrequently. Have most folks
killfiled Sisker and Goldenberg???

I got both of them in my killfile along with that Russian lady who has
all these e-mail brides looking to get married, all those nike spam and
the other internet flotsam and jetsam.

But I gotta get some shut-eye. Later on today I'm taking some students
on a "Photo Safari" to a location along the Jersey Shore. The subject
matter will not include the usual off-season beach pictures. I am
assigning them to create something surreal or abstract from something
you see at the shore but take for granted.

Brian, I would like to see some of these pics, having grown up at the
Jersey shore!
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"frijoli" wrote in message
Brian K wrote:

Brian, I would like to see some of these pics, having grown up at the
Jersey shore!

Are you still in NJ?

--Tom

Old March 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"frijoli" wrote in message
John Sisker wrote:

"BD" wrote in message
[...]

You are right. I've been reading this group for what... 14 years or so...
and Ray never rises to the bait. He might lob a small grenade or two once
in a very long while, but he never responds to negative things posted to or
about him.

The current thing with Chrissy Cruiser is a good example. Here we have an
anonymous poster claiming that Ray defamed him/her and demanding an apology.
I'll tell you this... Hell will freeze over and penguins will fart rainbows
before that happens.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/