A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Cruises
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Help With Panama Cruise



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Help With Panama Cruise

My very first cruise was on a WWII troop ship that landed troops on the
Pacific islands during the war. ANYTHING is better than that cruise.

Anyway, my dream cruise is to go through the Panama Canal and disembark
in Seattle. The port of embarkation is not important, but if it was
Galveston, we would drive to the port. No more Miami port driving for us.

I want to visit as many South American ports as possible, especially
Rio. Cabo San Lucas would only permit us to visit our timeshare there
for a day and maybe make a COSTCO run (smile).

I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.

I'm looking at Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, Royal Caribbean,
and maybe some of the more intimate expensive companies. Price IS
important, but we would want a balcony stateroom, away from any hard
decks with moving tables and chairs (smile). The number of eating
establishments is not a big issue, nor are the number of watering holes.

I'm looking between May and November. Winter would be better since it
gets very cold here. I invite all travel agents, cruise experts, and
everyone else to submit suggestions. If you prefer to send it to me via
email, so be it. At least you won't have people jumping all over you
for being off topic.

EMAIL:


--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**
**Notary Public, State of Kansas**
**Licensed for Conceal and Carry**
  #2  
Old September 29th, 2011, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,112
Default Help With Panama Cruise

In article , Old Sarge
wrote:

I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.


I think you would need to look for a repositioning cruise for that
itinerary. Where they reposition a ship to Seattle for the Alaska
season. That would be in the spring.

--
Charles
  #3  
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 230
Default Help With Panama Cruise

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:33:21 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

my dream cruise is to go through the Panama Canal and disembark
in Seattle. The port of embarkation is not important, but if it was
Galveston, we would drive to the port. No more Miami port driving for us.

I want to visit as many South American ports as possible, especially
Rio. Cabo San Lucas would only permit us to visit our timeshare there
for a day and maybe make a COSTCO run (smile).


I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.


So you want to embark off the Gulf, run down the eastern coast of SA,
turn around, go thru the PC and up the western coast of the US. Think
about that.

Your best bet is to make this two cruises, back-to-back or as close as
b2b as possible. The first being the SA part, the second a PC passing
thru part.

  #4  
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Help With Panama Cruise

On 9/29/2011 9:32 AM, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:33:21 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

my dream cruise is to go through the Panama Canal and disembark
in Seattle. The port of embarkation is not important, but if it was
Galveston, we would drive to the port. No more Miami port driving for us.

I want to visit as many South American ports as possible, especially
Rio. Cabo San Lucas would only permit us to visit our timeshare there
for a day and maybe make a COSTCO run (smile).


I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.


So you want to embark off the Gulf, run down the eastern coast of SA,
turn around, go thru the PC and up the western coast of the US. Think
about that.

Your best bet is to make this two cruises, back-to-back or as close as
b2b as possible. The first being the SA part, the second a PC passing
thru part.


I'm still looking at the possibilities. Back to back would be nice but
I don't think the wife would be able to stand so many sea days. There
are a lot of options available. If I wasn't hooked up, I would be
looking at a possible freighter cruise and bring along a satellite dish
for my internet (smile). My step father worked on freighters and I
would pick him up at the pier in San Francisco when he came in. We
would have supper on the ship (he was a waiter). Better food than on
any cruise ship. My reward for picking him up was to sling him over my
shoulder and carry his drunk butt up the stairs at home.


--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**
**Notary Public, State of Kansas**
**Licensed for Conceal and Carry**
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panama Cruise NOSPAM Cruises 0 February 15th, 2009 06:33 PM
Must see/do on a Panama Canal Cruise?? Everyboysmomma[_2_] Cruises 2 August 22nd, 2007 10:49 PM
Suggestions please - Panama cruise Wayne Cruises 11 October 1st, 2006 07:29 PM
PANAMA CANAL CRUISE *** CAROL Cruises 2 April 28th, 2005 04:33 AM
Our Panama Canal Cruise Bellsouth Cruises 2 November 22nd, 2003 12:29 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.