Back to Back Cruise Question

Old January 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rec.travel.cruises[_3_]

Default Back to Back Cruise Question

Although we have been on many cruises, we have never done a back to back. What is the procedure on RCCL on a Med cruise when one week is finished and we are staying for a second week in same room. Do we have to exit the ship and reboard.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gerry[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:52:08 -0800 (PST), "rec.travel.cruises"
wrote:

Although we have been on many cruises, we have never done a back to back.
What is the procedure on RCCL on a Med cruise when one week is finished and
we are staying for a second week in same room. Do we have to exit the ship
and reboard.

We've been on two back-to-back cruises: Holland American and Celebrity
to Alaska. On HA we had the same cabin and there was no requirement to
leave the ship (but we did). On Celeb we changed cabins. When I called
Celeb head office, they said we would have to pack up, take our
suitcases ashore and then reboard. When I talked to customer service
on board the ship, they said we needed to pack but to just let the
cabin stewart know where we were moving to and they would move the
luggage.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K

On 1/10/2013 1:52 PM, rec.travel.cruises wrote:
Although we have been on many cruises, we have never done a back to back. What is the procedure on RCCL on a Med cruise when one week is finished and we are staying for a second week in same room. Do we have to exit the ship and reboard.

This question would be best addressed to your travel agent or the cruise
line. After doing a Western Caribbean on HAL I was offered a second
Eastern Caribbean on the same ship. I would have to disembark and would
be in an upgraded stateroom. But that was HAL a few years ago. It may be
a very different procedure on RCCL. As I stated for critical information
such as this it is best getting it from the source.
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

We did back to back on the Grand Princess last year.
We told our travel agent only to book it if we didn't have to change cabins
after 7 days.
That was not a problem to get done.
We had to leave the ship in Ft. Lauderdale and get back on about two hours
later.
We receive new ship cards but for the same "14 day" voyage.

Old January 27th, 2013, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn

In article , "Jr."
wrote:

We did back to back on the Grand Princess last year.
We told our travel agent only to book it if we didn't have to change cabins
after 7 days.
That was not a problem to get done.
We had to leave the ship in Ft. Lauderdale and get back on about two hours
later.
We receive new ship cards but for the same "14 day" voyage.

We did the same cruises, starting 3 weeks ago. We had to get off the
ship in FLL and were kept in a holding pen until all the one-weekers
left the ship.

We did not have to change rooms.

We had heard such great praises for Princess that we were disappointed
overall.

1. Buffet food was pretty generic.
2. no lectures on the islands
3. Pools were kept too COLD for swimming.
4. Library was small, open to noise from the steel bands in the Piazza.
It also had poor lighting, no comfortable chairs and no newspapers.
5. PA system bass was overdriven for "Movies Under the Stars" so all you
got was a loud rumble.
6. The ship's rework looked as if it was designed by committee, with no
through line.