Eurail pass and Reservations?

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
John

Default Eurail pass and Reservations?

We have a Eurail pass for France and Italy and some of the trips say the
require mandatory reservations.
We will be traveling through Europe, but won't get to France until the time
we need to get on the train.
I see no way to make reservations for RENFE or SNCF.
Can we make train reservation for French and Spanish trains from somewhere
in London? Can we make reservations for the French trains while physically
in Madrid?
We don't want to get to the train stations the same day and find out there
are no reservations remaining for the next train.

Old June 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM
ALAN HARRISON

"Runge" wrote in message
http://www.raileurope.co.uk/
is that what you need ?
http://www.seat61.com/Europe.htm
That's what you should read anyway

Seat61 suggests making reservations with the agency that sold the pass. The
Rail Europe UK site seems to deal only with buying tickets, not with
reservations for an existing pass - and it doesn't seem to mention Eurail,
which isn't vailable to UK residents.

Alan Harrison

Old June 13th, 2005, 10:59 PM
ALAN HARRISON

"Runge" wrote in message
OK so what did you find ?

No more than you, unfortunately. I don't know if the American version of the
site would afford any more infor to the OP. It does seem a bit naughty to
sell the bloke his pass and then leave him completely in the dark about how
he might make a reservation for his first journey.

Alan Harrison

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Hatunen

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:59:51 +0000 (UTC), "ALAN HARRISON"
wrote:

"Runge" wrote in message
. ..
OK so what did you find ?

No more than you, unfortunately. I don't know if the American version of the
site would afford any more infor to the OP. It does seem a bit naughty to
sell the bloke his pass and then leave him completely in the dark about how
he might make a reservation for his first journey.

According to the RailEurope North American web site you can buy
reservations through hem, but I can's seem to find out how to do
it on their web site. Perhaps one should telephone them.

In any case, they charge US $11 for a reservation, which seems a
bit excessive to me.