American Airlines' Preaching Pilot

Old February 19th, 2004, 07:04 AM
johac

Default American Airlines' Preaching Pilot

In article ,
stoney wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:06:55 -0800, johac ,
Message ID: wrote in
alt.atheism;

In article ,
stoney wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:36:02 GMT, devil , Message
ID: wrote in alt.atheism;

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:57 -0800, Yaofeng wrote:

I did say what he did was in appropriate. Didn't I? God revealed
Himself to us. He also gave us wisdom.

God? What's that? Dog?

Some imaginary despot. (shrug) It's irrelevant and immaterial.

The boogeyman who is going to get us when we are bad. And just as real
as the other boogeymen too.

Yep, although each follower insists their particular boogeyman is real.

Some even think that their boogey man is bigger than the other guy's
boogeyman.
--
John Hachmann aa #1782

"Men become civilized not in their willingness to believe, bit in
proportion to their readiness to doubt." - H. L. Mencken
Old February 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM
stoney

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:25 -0800, johac ,
Message ID: wrote in
alt.atheism;

stoney wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:36:02 GMT, devil , Message
ID: wrote in alt.atheism;

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:57 -0800, Yaofeng wrote:

I did say what he did was in appropriate. Didn't I? God revealed
Himself to us. He also gave us wisdom.

God? What's that? Dog?

Some imaginary despot. (shrug) It's irrelevant and immaterial.

The boogeyman who is going to get us when we are bad. And just as real
as the other boogeymen too.

Yep, although each follower insists their particular boogeyman is real.

Some even think that their boogey man is bigger than the other guy's
boogeyman.

Some will kill each other over which one's the biggest asshole.

Stoney
"Designated Rascal and Rapscallion
and
SCAMPERMEISTER!"

When in doubt, SCAMPER about!
When things are fair, SCAMPER everywhere!
When things are rough, can't SCAMPER enough!
/end humour alert

alt.atheism military veteran #11
{so much for the 'no atheists in foxholes' rubbish}
Old February 20th, 2004, 07:31 AM
johac

stoney wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:36:02 GMT, devil , Message
ID: wrote in alt.atheism;

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:57 -0800, Yaofeng wrote:

I did say what he did was in appropriate. Didn't I? God revealed
Himself to us. He also gave us wisdom.

God? What's that? Dog?

Some imaginary despot. (shrug) It's irrelevant and immaterial.

The boogeyman who is going to get us when we are bad. And just as real
as the other boogeymen too.

Yep, although each follower insists their particular boogeyman is real.

Some even think that their boogey man is bigger than the other guy's
boogeyman.

Some will kill each other over which one's the biggest asshole.

If some wacko preacher told them to do that, they probably would.

Old February 21st, 2004, 05:23 AM
stoney

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:31:18 -0800, johac ,
Message ID: wrote in
alt.atheism;

stoney wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:36:02 GMT, devil , Message
ID: wrote in alt.atheism;

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:57 -0800, Yaofeng wrote:

I did say what he did was in appropriate. Didn't I? God revealed
Himself to us. He also gave us wisdom.

God? What's that? Dog?

Some imaginary despot. (shrug) It's irrelevant and immaterial.

The boogeyman who is going to get us when we are bad. And just as real
as the other boogeymen too.

Yep, although each follower insists their particular boogeyman is real.

Some even think that their boogey man is bigger than the other guy's
boogeyman.

Some will kill each other over which one's the biggest asshole.

If some wacko preacher told them to do that, they probably would.

Effectively, that's what they do no matter the 'reasoning' for the
request.

Old February 21st, 2004, 08:27 AM
johac

stoney wrote:

[...]

They're true believers. They don't need no stinkin' reason!

Old February 21st, 2004, 07:16 PM
stoney

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:27:30 -0800, johac ,
Message ID: wrote in
alt.atheism;

stoney wrote:

[...]

That's the problem.

Old February 21st, 2004, 07:52 PM
None

stoney wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:06:55 -0800, johac

,
Message ID:

wrote
in
alt.atheism;

In article ,
stoney wrote:

[...]

Its also the answer to all those "who killed jesus" threads. Nobody killed
him, he got so sick of his twisted and demented followers that he JUMPED on
the cross!
--
***/***/***/***/***/***/***/***

Shrub is a ONE TERMER!
Just Like His Daddy!

Jesus Protect Me . . . From Your Followers!

***/***/***/***/***/***/***/***

http://wonderofitall.com/

***/***/***

Old February 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
stoney

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:52:57 GMT, "None" , Message ID:
. net wrote in
alt.atheism;

"stoney" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:27:30 -0800, johac ,
Message ID: wrote in
alt.atheism;

In article ,
stoney wrote:

(snip)

Some even think that their boogey man is bigger than the other

guy's
boogeyman.

Some will kill each other over which one's the biggest asshole.

If some wacko preacher told them to do that, they probably would.

Effectively, that's what they do no matter the 'reasoning' for the
request.

They're true believers. They don't need no stinkin' reason!

That's the problem.

Its also the answer to all those "who killed jesus" threads. Nobody killed
him, he got so sick of his twisted and demented followers that he JUMPED on
the cross!

If that was the reaction with just twelve followers, I'm unable to
contemplate the reaction with a couple billion.