Botswana Safari

Old October 20th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Harsha

Default Botswana Safari

Hi All-

I'm looking to go to Botswana this coming November 2004 (starting
early/mid November) I have been to Kenya/Tanz/Zimbabwe in 2000. My
goal is to visit the Okavango, Kalahari and possibly Savute/Moremi.
I'm looking for something that will last upwards of 13-14 days.

Can someone please share their experience with me, and please
recommend a tour operator that will make this an unforgettable
experience.

Thanks much in advance.
Harsha
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:32 AM
Rita Daggett

I'm looking to go to Botswana this coming November 2004 (starting
early/mid November) I have been to Kenya/Tanz/Zimbabwe in 2000. My
goal is to visit the Okavango, Kalahari and possibly Savute/Moremi.
I'm looking for something that will last upwards of 13-14 days.

Can someone please share their experience with me, and please
recommend a tour operator that will make this an unforgettable
experience.

Been to Botswana three times, last two were organised by Abercrombie and
Kent - cant fault their organisation.
We've stayed at a variety of camps, which have probably changed hands
several times! For example, on one trip we were using Ker and Downey camps
(Pom Pom, Shinde and Machabe) which are no longer owned by K&D so I'm not
sure how useful any specific recommendations would be.
The last time we went (about 5 years ago I think) we went to Jack's Camp on
the outskirts of the Kalahari - it was certainly 'an experience' but I'm not
sure I'd recommend it as it takes 2 or 3 days out of your itinerary,
including getting there and back and a two night stay. I cant remember
what the weather will be like in Nov/Dec - we've always been in July/august
and seen varying amounts of water in the Delta area.
You havent said whether you are 'budget' or 'luxury'? Botswana does tend to
be expensive.
We've thoroughly enjoyed our trips there, and it is a lovely contrast to the
Kenya/Tanzania experience.

--
Rita Daggett

Old November 1st, 2004, 12:45 AM
Chris

(Harsha) wrote in message . com...
Hi All-

I'm looking to go to Botswana this coming November 2004 (starting
early/mid November) I have been to Kenya/Tanz/Zimbabwe in 2000. My
goal is to visit the Okavango, Kalahari and possibly Savute/Moremi.
I'm looking for something that will last upwards of 13-14 days.

Can someone please share their experience with me, and please
recommend a tour operator that will make this an unforgettable
experience.

Thanks much in advance.
Harsha

My wife and I were in Botswana in 2002 for a little more than 2 weeks.
Must sees include Chobe NP, the Okavanga Delta and a desert
experience. We stayed at 2 places in Chobe. In the east it was Chobe
Safari Lodge. More like a motel than a bush camp but good game
viewing. In the west end we stayed at Muchenje Lodge. Very nice and
guides and hosts were exceptional. In the delta we stayed at Xakanaxa
Camp near Moremi. This was truly memorable and I would recommend it
highly. In the Kalahari we stayed at Jack's Camp. It was OK but a
little too touristy for us. If you do go to Jack's I recommend
spending some time with a Sans Bushman. We used bush planes to go
from one camp to the next. Many days driving are saved this way.

I recommend Zambezi Safari and Travel Company (zambezi.com) to do your
bookings. They will put together a personalized itinerary and may be
able to provide a guide to travel with you for a very fair price.
Anyone there can help with your plans but I personally recommend Chris
Worden who lives in Zimbabwe - please tell him hello from Chris and
Cindy.

Be prepared - Botswana is expensive.

Regards, Chris