Car rental Berlin Ger.

Old June 11th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Elliot Berlin

Default Car rental Berlin Ger.

Any suggestions on best car rentals for rates and ease of rental for
Tegel airport Berlin in July?

Old June 11th, 2005, 07:52 PM
elliot

I used Budget...it worked fine

Old June 11th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Rog'

"elliot" wrote:
I used Budget...it worked fine.

Check out Autoeurope, but also use a reservation portal,
such as Expedia, Travelocity or Orbitz to get a list of three
or four agencies and then go to their websites for a quote.
Sometimes, direct internet reservations are a better deal.
=R=

Old June 11th, 2005, 10:59 PM
dgs

Elliot Berlin wrote:

Any suggestions on best car rentals for rates and ease of rental for
Tegel airport Berlin in July?

If you want rock-bottom rates, check out Sixti (subsidiary of Sixt), on
the web at www.sixti.de. The station near Tegel has limited hours;
there's another station at Nürnberger Straße 65, near the Kurfürstendamm
retail district. Choices are quite limited, but if you want to rent
from the smaller end of the car-size scale, that's part of what Sixti
is all about.

For regular rental companies, Sixt and Budget seem to offer the best
rates in Germany. I've used Auto Europe in the past; not bad, but not
necessarily the lowest rates every time.
--
dgs
"What, and join in your mad squid kettle games?" -- Lew Bryson
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM
GHPtravel

Just go here http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/airport/txl.htm and then select
car rental then you can compare the rates of the Car rental company at
Berlin Tegel Airport

Greetings,
George

Old June 12th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Peter Burgdorf

Elliot Berlin schrieb:
Any suggestions on best car rentals for rates and ease of rental for
Tegel airport Berlin in July?

Hi Elliot,

check

http://www.interrent.de

You´ll get a car from € 8.99, 250 km included.
The car rental office is situated near "Bahnhof Zoo",
and can easily be reached by Express Bus X 9 from
the airport. The bus departs every 10 minutes, the
trip takes 20 minutes.

Regards

Peter

Old June 13th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Check out Autoeurope, but also use a reservation portal, such as
Expedia, Travelocity or Orbitz to get a list of three

or four agencies and then go to their websites for a quote. Sometimes,
direct internet reservations are a better deal.

This is perfect advice. One more thing: when I check AutoEurope rates
(and other major portals) I compare logging in as a U.S. booker versus
logging in to the German version of the site (which would type in with a .de
suffix instead of a .com suffix), the rates tend to be different (sometimes
VERY different), and when booking with the .de version it usually fully
includes CDW and sometimes theft insurance at a rate that is often lower
than the U.S. version which doesn't even include the insurance (I think this
is due to a government policy that they must include it for .de rentals).
I have never had a problem with bookings made using the .de versions of the
websites, and have scoured the fine print and have never come up with a
caveat that says that this is not permissable for me as a U.S. resident to
do so. One German company that offers similar rates to autoeurope.de ,
www.avigo.de even replied to an e-mal to tell me that there was no problem
booking directly through them with at their .de website even though I reside
in America and am using an American credit card to pay (this is often NOT
true when booking a car in the U.S. using a UK or DE website--there the fine
print usuall specifies that you will be denied the excellent rate you booked
through a DE or UK at the point of purchase if you turn up at the U.S.
location with a U.S. drivers license).

Old June 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
elliot

all good advice, thank you.