Where should I spend October 3?

Old June 14th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Juliana L Holm schrieb:

OK, I'm going to Germany on Sept 29 or 30, and I'll be there on October 3rd.
So where should I spend October 3? I need to be in Dresden bright and early
October 4th, so probably prefer the East side of the country.

Görlitz is worth a visit.

Regards, ULF
Old June 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
punktilious

"tim (moved to sweden)" wrote in message

"punktilious" wrote in message

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
punktilious wrote:

Julie
**********
Check out the blog of my 9 week Germany adventure at
www.blurty.com/users/jholm
http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm

Another city that seemed interesting, based on some basic research I did
at that time, was Leipzig, which is closer to Dresden than Prague or
Berlin. Unfortunately, my schedule just could not accomodate it but
Leipzig could be another option for you. I'm sure that city is worth at
least a day.

Is this based on your having been there or are you guessing?

IMHO the only thing of interest in Leipzig is the new shopping
centre in the railway station.

tim

If you read my post carefully, I clearly stated that my schedule did not
allow me to visit Leipzig. I did some basic research on the city via the
internet and I thought it was interesting. However, if you have been there
and you claim the only attraction is the new shopping centre in the railway
station, then I guess I'm just gonna have to take your word for it and
scratch the city from my list of places to visit.

Old June 14th, 2005, 05:05 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" wrote:
at that time, was Leipzig, which is closer to Dresden than Prague or
Berlin. Unfortunately, my schedule just could not accomodate it but
Leipzig could be another option for you. I'm sure that city is worth at
least a day.

Is this based on your having been there or are you guessing?

IMHO the only thing of interest in Leipzig is the new shopping
centre in the railway station.

Isn't the Nickolaikirche, where the Unification movement was born in 1989
still there? And the Thomaskirche, where Bach was choir master?

Yes, there are the two churches and the Altes Rathaus,
but unless you walk very slowly they aren't going to take
you a whole day.

tim

Old June 14th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Juliana L Holm

Juliana L Holm wrote:
OK, I'm going to Germany on Sept 29 or 30, and I'll be there on October
3rd.
So where should I spend October 3? I need to be in Dresden bright and
early
October 4th, so probably prefer the East side of the country.

Last year, I went on a Prague-Dresden-Berlin vacation. Basically flew in to
Prague and after a few days, took the train to Dresden (about 2 hours) and
after a day in Dresden, took the train again from Dresden to Berlin. I then
flew back from Berlin. I would recommend both Berlin and Prague. The only
problem is I'm not sure what how early you want to be in Dresden on Oct 4th
because the train schedule to Dresden from Berlin or Prague may preclude
this option.

And, Alas, I don't know this yet, either.

I do now.

I check in in Dresden, and take a placement test on October 4. There is no
reason I can't come from Berlin that morning.

Tonite I'll make Hostel Reservations in Berlin for Sept 30 through Oct 3.

Julie

--
Julie