Solstice GGC 2009 Picture Gallery

Old February 17th, 2009, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Default Solstice GGC 2009 Picture Gallery

ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and
of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will
give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Jeff
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and of
course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will give
you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Nice pictures, Jeff! Thanks for the one of Oceans Four... I thought they
were great.

For those who haven't seen this group, here is a sample of how good these
guys are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXV6...eature=related

They have a Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceans-Four/27042710915

It was great meeting you!

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Old February 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

George Leppla wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone,
and of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this
will give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Nice pictures, Jeff! Thanks for the one of Oceans Four... I thought
they were great.

For those who haven't seen this group, here is a sample of how good
these guys are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXV6...eature=related

They have a Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceans-Four/27042710915

It was great meeting you!

It was great meeting you and Becca, finally! Oceans Four are good! Was
my favorite entertainment on the ship! Will have to go "friend" them on
Facebook, lol....

Jeff
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

George Leppla wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message

ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone,
and of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this
will give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Nice pictures, Jeff! Thanks for the one of Oceans Four... I thought
they were great.

For those who haven't seen this group, here is a sample of how good
these guys are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXV6...eature=related

They have a Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceans-Four/27042710915

It was great meeting you!

Oceans Four was entertainment at its finest. Thanks for the link George.

Ermalee ---loved Jeff's pictures
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and of
course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will give
you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Jeff

So what was your overall opinion of Solstice? How does she compare to
Millie class and Century/Galaxy class?

Did they fix the stabilization problem they were having? How's the
Celebrity food these days?

--Tom

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Tom K wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and of
course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will give
you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Jeff

So what was your overall opinion of Solstice? How does she compare to
Millie class and Century/Galaxy class?

Generally I liked it. Gorgeous decor actually. I'd say I like the
older classes more in some ways in terms of design, the new one more in
some ways. It's layout actually reminded me of the Serenade of the
Seas....with no aft elevator bank/stairs...not so helpful! First time
also the buffet wasn't the same floor as the pool deck...a little
awkward I thought.

Did they fix the stabilization problem they were having? How's the
Celebrity food these days?

--Tom

Nope, she walks with a bit of a limp I'd say! The 2 sea days coming back
were smoother but she was sailing slow. Of course, we had really bad
weather at sea the first day there, 40+ winds, so who knows!

The food is basically good. Had no issues and actually the buffet has
gotten better I would say. Didn't try any of the myriad "for pay"
venues...not just Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grill and Murano, but now there's
the Aqua Spa cabins restaurant "Blu" and then the for pay crepe place,
for pay coffee bar and fancy pastries, etc....lots of for pay
spaces....not loving that! Missed having the main restaurant aft with
the big windows....

Jeff

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff wrote:
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and
of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will
give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Nice pictures and I wish we were still on the ship. We also have lots of
pictures, but I don't know when they will be ready to post.

sue
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

George Leppla wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone,
and of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this
will give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Nice pictures, Jeff! Thanks for the one of Oceans Four... I thought
they were great.

For those who haven't seen this group, here is a sample of how good
these guys are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXV6...eature=related

They have a Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceans-Four/27042710915

We say Oceans Four in the Entertainment Court and I agree, they are very
good.

sue
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and of
course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will give
you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Jeff

So what was your overall opinion of Solstice? How does she compare to
Millie class and Century/Galaxy class?

Did they fix the stabilization problem they were having? How's the
Celebrity food these days?

Tom, we loved everything about the Solstice, except maybe the storage in
the cabins and that wasn't all that bad.

The ship was gorgeous and the service was very, very good. Breakfast and
lunch in the Lido Buffet was very good and varied, somehting for
everyone. Food in the dining room at night was also very good. The Lido
had an excellent selection of sugar free desserts that Kevin could eat.
The regular dessert selection was also very good and ice cream, soft or
hard, was available all day, not sure how late they were open.

When the buffet was closed they still had the pasta bar and pizza
available. Then there was the Mast Grill up near the pools.

What stabilizar problem? I know I read bad reports, but IMO the ship
handled the seas very well and we did have some bad weather at the
beginning of the cruise.

We will try to put together a short review when time allows.

sue
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On Feb 16, 7:52*pm, Jeff wrote:
ok, these are somewhat random, and many photos taken on the iphone, and
of course, I have yet to develop the underwater pictures, but this will
give you a little taste of the ggc 2009 solstice cruise...

http://gallery.me.com/jeffcoud#100169

Jeff

Hi, Jeff,

Great pix! Where is that comfy-looking padded hammock with sheer
enclosure you named "fun?" I am loving the looks of that. Of course,
your empire looked pretty divine, too.

Nice El Morro shots. I like walking around that place.

Glad you had fun. Ship looks pretty....

Diana